Does the Wii U support tessellation?

#11SkyCrackersPosted 1/20/2013 5:13:19 PM
I would guess that the Wii U's GPU has a tessellation unit because every GPU in the Radeon HD 4000 series had one. Unless Nintendo stripped it out to cut costs, which is within the realm of possibility.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#12Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/20/2013 5:15:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessellation

What exactly does the process of creating a two-dimensional plane using the repetition of a geometric shape with no overlaps and no gaps have to do with Samus in her Zero Suit?
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#13IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/20/2013 5:17:58 PM
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Sorry but this is hilarious.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#14GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/20/2013 5:46:44 PM
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

See this is why we don't bother humoring nintendo fanboys.

The level of ignorance is astounding.

I'd ask you if you are 12 years old, but even 12 year olds these days have a grasp of basic technology such as tessellation.

It's no wonder your kind call every little thing you don't like the sound of a troll, you really have no idea and don't know any better.

Reminds me painfully of how ignorant Wakka was in FFX with his constant blind Yevon dickriding
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#151337toothbrush(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 5:57:56 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessellation

What exactly does the process of creating a two-dimensional plane using the repetition of a geometric shape with no overlaps and no gaps have to do with Samus in her Zero Suit?

The vertices of those geometric shapes can be transformed to create rounded contours.
---
------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/hobo2/nowsaving-1.png
#16Virus66Posted 1/20/2013 6:01:00 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

I'd ask you if you are 12 years old, but even 12 year olds these days have a grasp of basic technology such as tessellation.

It's no wonder your kind call every little thing you don't like the sound of a troll, you really have no idea and don't know any better.

Reminds me painfully of how ignorant Wakka was in FFX with his constant blind Yevon dickriding

Not everyone lives in their basement and lives and breath computer information. Just like someone may not understand car jargon or know how to change their oil, not everyone can be aware of the ins and outs of computer processes.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#17LifelessBoyPosted 1/20/2013 6:02:29 PM
Virus66 posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Not everyone lives in their basement and lives and breath computer information. Just like someone may not understand car jargon or know how to change their oil, not everyone can be aware of the ins and outs of computer processes.

ITP: "If you know about computers, you live in a basement."
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#18Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 6:05:20 PM

Oh yes because I don't live and breath everything about computers makes me ignorant right? Thanks troll.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#19FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/20/2013 6:11:34 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Sorry but this is hilarious.

Why is it hilarious? Not everyone knows everything about tech some people just like playing games and dont care about the behind the scenes stuff not everyone is a super nerd.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#20DorotimusWitikPosted 1/20/2013 6:11:57 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Is tesselation DX11 exclusive? also lol silly baha xx

Um, no. Tessellation is just a method for subdividing a mesh. It's been around for ages. What you are thinking of is tessellation done at the hardware level in real-time, and that's supported by OpenGL4. I'm pretty sure the WiiU's gpu is based on Radeon 5xxx level stuff, which only supported OpenGL 3.2, so it's unlikely.