Does the Wii U support tessellation?

#21SkyCrackersPosted 1/20/2013 6:12:19 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
Virus66 posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

See this is why we don't bother humoring nintendo fanboys.

The level of ignorance is astounding.

I'd ask you if you are 12 years old, but even 12 year olds these days have a grasp of basic technology such as tessellation.

It's no wonder your kind call every little thing you don't like the sound of a troll, you really have no idea and don't know any better.

Reminds me painfully of how ignorant Wakka was in FFX with his constant blind Yevon dickriding

Not everyone lives in their basement and lives and breath computer information. Just like someone may not understand car jargon or know how to change their oil, not everyone can be aware of the ins and outs of computer processes.

ITP: "If you know about computers, you live in a basement."

He has a point, though. It isn't exactly mainstream knowledge, and it's a safe bet that anyone who knows what tessellation(as it applies to graphics) is, is a nerd. It's not something you should expect every gamer to know, especially console gamers. And ripping into someone for not knowing about it is just stupid and childish.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#22Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 6:12:43 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Why is it hilarious? Not everyone knows everything about tech some people just like playing games and dont care about the behind the scenes stuff not everyone is a super nerd.

It's just him being petty
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#23GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/20/2013 6:19:13 PM
ITT: Basic concepts of gaming tech is 'super nerd' territory

Yeah, nah. Your ignorance is not a acceptable replacement for my and others knowledge.

Maybe if some of you actually got up to speed with the 21st century and basic gaming tech, you'd see why so many are sick of Nintendo asking 300 dollars or more depending on your country, for 7 year old tech with ass backwards architecture that shuns developers left and right with how forced the typical Nintendo 'our console is a different special snowflake' philosophy is.

And if you can't bother to educate yourselves, then you really just need to shut up and butt out when people level WARRANTED legitimate criticisms at Nintendo and the Wii U. For there are many and they are all quite sound.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#24SerOnionKnightPosted 1/20/2013 6:21:24 PM

Yeah, nah. Your ignorance is not a acceptable replacement for my and others knowledge.

Maybe if some of you actually got up to speed with the 21st century and basic gaming tech, you'd see why so many are sick of Nintendo asking 300 dollars or more depending on your country, for 7 year old tech with ass backwards architecture that shuns developers left and right with how forced the typical Nintendo 'our console is a different special snowflake' philosophy is.

And if you can't bother to educate yourselves, then you really just need to shut up and butt out when people level WARRANTED legitimate criticisms at Nintendo and the Wii U. For there are many and they are all quite sound.

Haha look at this guy! You got your jimmies rustled.
#25Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 6:21:46 PM

TL;DR I'm ass hurt because I was called out on being nothing more then a petty poster so I'm going to make bad Gamefaqs posts and ***** about it.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#261337toothbrush(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:24:51 PM
Virus66 posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

See this is why we don't bother humoring nintendo fanboys.

The level of ignorance is astounding.

I'd ask you if you are 12 years old, but even 12 year olds these days have a grasp of basic technology such as tessellation.

It's no wonder your kind call every little thing you don't like the sound of a troll, you really have no idea and don't know any better.

Reminds me painfully of how ignorant Wakka was in FFX with his constant blind Yevon dickriding

Not everyone lives in their basement and lives and breath computer information. Just like someone may not understand car jargon or know how to change their oil, not everyone can be aware of the ins and outs of computer processes.

That's a great analogy. Anyone who has the slightest interest in tessellation or changing the oil could learn exactly what/how by a simple search. I'd think people who go on a message board to talk about video games would also be the kind interested in what goes on in their video games.
---
------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/hobo2/nowsaving-1.png
#27FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/20/2013 6:33:12 PM(edited)

Again whats wrong with just playing games and not caring about the tech behind it?
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#28Faceman_Posted 1/20/2013 6:43:07 PM
Peach's curves > Samus'.
#29SkyCrackersPosted 1/20/2013 6:47:15 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Again whats wrong with just playing games and not caring about the tech behind it?

He's just butthurt that there are gamers who are actually having fun instead of raging over tech specs and trying to feel superior to others. Poor guy.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#30omniryuPosted 1/20/2013 6:53:15 PM
DorotimusWitik posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Is tesselation DX11 exclusive? also lol silly baha xx

Um, no. Tessellation is just a method for subdividing a mesh. It's been around for ages. What you are thinking of is tessellation done at the hardware level in real-time, and that's supported by OpenGL4. I'm pretty sure the WiiU's gpu is based on Radeon 5xxx level stuff, which only supported OpenGL 3.2, so it's unlikely.

We don't know if Nintendo added support for that to their GPU. I've seen things that wasn't suppose to be done on Nintendo 's hardware.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu