Does the Wii U support tessellation?

#31jsb0714Posted 1/20/2013 5:57:28 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Sorry but this is hilarious.

Why is it hilarious? Not everyone knows everything about tech some people just like playing games and dont care about the behind the scenes stuff not everyone is a super nerd.

Exactly. Most gamers won't give two ***** about it. Trolls will just use the information to make more **** remarks. The rest of us couldn't care less.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#32SerOnionKnightPosted 1/20/2013 5:58:56 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Again whats wrong with just playing games and not caring about the tech behind it?

He's just butthurt that there are gamers who are actually having fun instead of raging over tech specs and trying to feel superior to others. Poor guy.

A lot of people on these boards are like that. Thye cant seperate a good product with a good push behind it because it is not technologically far and a way superior on paper from what they expect. Its like someone who owns a Ferarri saying every other car on the market is garbage. They are just spec geeks who just will never understand what "good" is.
#33SkyCrackersPosted 1/20/2013 6:01:15 PM(edited)
omniryu posted...
We don't know if Nintendo added support for that to their GPU. I've seen things that wasn't suppose to be done on Nintendo 's hardware.

Like I said, every GPU in the HD 4000 series had a tessellation unit, and the Wii U's GPU is said to be based off that series. Even the 360's GPU had a tessellation unit. It's pretty safe to assume that the Wii U has tessellation capabilities. I doubt many developers will make use of it, though.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#34BroadwayGPUPosted 1/20/2013 6:05:05 PM
Tessellation is a Westernized version of Blast Processing, right?
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#35ADHDguitarPosted 1/20/2013 6:06:49 PM
ITT: If you've never heard of tessellation you're an idiot.

And just so you know, if any of you don't understand enumeration, you're an idiot because I know what it is and you don't and that makes me feel secure.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#36BroadwayGPUPosted 1/20/2013 6:15:09 PM
ITT: If you've never heard of tessellation you're an idiot.

And just so you know, if any of you don't understand enumeration, you're an idiot because I know what it is and you don't and that makes me feel secure.

You sound very mature. Do you even lift, though?
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#37SkyCrackersPosted 1/20/2013 6:28:51 PM
BroadwayGPU posted...
Tessellation is a Westernized version of Blast Processing, right?

It's more like Mode 7 background scrolling, honestly. Tessellation is a natural progression from the fancy background techniques of the SNES, and I think it fits harmoniously with tradishunal Japanstyle game design. There's no harm in Nintendo adopting western innovations that have their roots in Japanstyle game design- In fact, I think it's a great thing.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#38omniryuPosted 1/20/2013 6:32:22 PM
omniryu posted...
DorotimusWitik posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Is tesselation DX11 exclusive? also lol silly baha xx

Um, no. Tessellation is just a method for subdividing a mesh. It's been around for ages. What you are thinking of is tessellation done at the hardware level in real-time, and that's supported by OpenGL4. I'm pretty sure the WiiU's gpu is based on Radeon 5xxx level stuff, which only supported OpenGL 3.2, so it's unlikely.

We don't know if Nintendo added support for that to their GPU. I've seen things that wasn't suppose to be done on Nintendo 's hardware.

Here is a hair tesselation demo done on a 5000 series.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#39ShadowSkill11Posted 1/20/2013 7:17:29 PM
Jesus christ. The TC just wreaked a bunch of baby gamers minds with this topic. All I see is a bunch of 12 year olds who never touched a computer for anything but Microsoft Office and Facebook trying to wikipedia things on tessellation trying to say their beloved console could do it to without a massive performance hit if <devs> weren't so lazy. This board is astoundingly.....
#40omniryuPosted 1/20/2013 7:21:06 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Jesus christ. The TC just wreaked a bunch of baby gamers minds with this topic. All I see is a bunch of 12 year olds who never touched a computer for anything but Microsoft Office and Facebook trying to wikipedia things on tessellation trying to say their beloved console could do it to without a massive performance hit if <devs> weren't so lazy. This board is astoundingly.....

Yes, because we don't take into account of quantity. So any tessalation, even a little will drop the Wii u performance a lot.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu