Does the Wii U support tessellation?

#41SkyCrackersPosted 1/20/2013 10:06:11 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Jesus christ. The TC just wreaked a bunch of baby gamers minds with this topic. All I see is a bunch of 12 year olds who never touched a computer for anything but Microsoft Office and Facebook trying to wikipedia things on tessellation trying to say their beloved console could do it to without a massive performance hit if <devs> weren't so lazy. This board is astoundingly.....

I suppose you must be referring to me, but I didn't say anything of the sort. The fact of the matter is, the Wii U's GPU is likely going to have a dedicated tesselation unit, and like the Xbox 360, almost no developers will use it. Probably because it's not a very powerful tesselator, because utilizing it requires additional shader processing(called the hull shader and domain shader stages in DX11), and because it's overall not worth the effort.

I don't know where you get the idea that I'm some rabid Wii U fanboy from. I've been more critical of the console than most here, I fully acknowledge it's technical shortcomings, and I don't have any near-future plans to even buy one.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#42IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 12:04:08 PM
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Still think this is downright hilarious.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#43BuretsuPosted 1/21/2013 12:09:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44Rasputin77Posted 1/21/2013 12:10:21 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

That is pretty damned funny.
---
Wii U board rule: If the topic title has ANY adjective with a negative implication... it's time to pee pants.
http://alturl.com/hc9un
#45IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 12:11:55 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Also funny how they claim I make fun of mentally handicapped (I don't), yet Buretsu just tried to call me mentally impaired and make a jest of it. Lol, guess it makes sense based on how he made death threats to Linetrix in another thread.
---
#46BuretsuPosted 1/21/2013 12:14:10 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Also funny how they claim I make fun of mentally handicapped (I don't), yet Buretsu just tried to call me mentally impaired and make a jest of it. Lol, guess it makes sense based on how he made death threats to Linetrix in another thread.

Wow, must have hurt pulling THAT one out of your ass...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#47GloryChaosPosted 1/21/2013 12:18:28 PM
I don't know what tessellation is either. Alright nerds, spoon feed me some info. Google is one tab too far away and I need this info. NOW.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#48BuretsuPosted 1/21/2013 12:19:58 PM
GloryChaos posted...
I don't know what tessellation is either. Alright nerds, spoon feed me some info. Google is one tab too far away and I need this info. NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFwSpw7Bv3s

I'm talking about tessellations. Geometric shape sensations.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#49IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 12:20:35 PM
GloryChaos posted...

Read the thread if you aren't joking. Never know on this board, we've already seen a couple that didn't know about this standard term lol.
---
#50Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 12:24:39 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Baha05 posted...
tessellation?

Then you are both have a very sad life when that is funny..
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich