What's so bad abou the Wii U not getting the same games as other consoles?

#1StraightedgeSESPosted 1/20/2013 4:57:02 PM
The Sega genesis didn't have the same third party support as the SNES, same with the N64 Sega Saturn and playstation they didnt have the same third party support , also the ps2 Xbox and GameCube didn't have the same third party support . The ps3 and 360 were the only consoles that had the same third party support and look how bad that turned out for the PS3 and now the Wii U
#2TheGreatUnownPosted 1/20/2013 5:01:30 PM
It's not getting Deadpool, Star Wars 1313, etc. Some might be looking forward to these.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293
#3StraightedgeSES(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 5:22:56 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
It's not getting Deadpool, Star Wars 1313, etc. Some might be looking forward to these.

Well they could just buy it for those consoles. Nothing wrong with owning multiple consoles
#4userfrigginamePosted 1/20/2013 5:36:25 PM
Nothing bad I think. Nintendo is that console that's more unique than PS3 and Xbox360 have been in terms of games cuz of its exclusives.
#5GiygasminionPosted 1/20/2013 6:24:05 PM
StraightedgeSES posted...
TheGreatUnown posted...

Well they could just buy it for those consoles. Nothing wrong with owning multiple consoles

Other than cost.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#6Stefan1277Posted 1/20/2013 6:26:14 PM
Comfort zone. People want to have everything in one console cause they're cheap. Given a chance to pirate something they do, regardless of consequences. In this case, not buying more than one console is good for them, and to justify this they have to antagonize the one that doesn't get the vanilla titles.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#7DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 6:33:56 PM
That's not true there were alot of multiplats in the ps1/n64 era same with ps2/xbox era, it's just in those a single console dominated so there were fewer multiplats in general. We don't really know how many multiplats there will be next gen, ps4 or next xbox could dominate reducing the amount of multiplats (the reason I don't say wiiU is wii did dominate and still didn't get them and wiiU is much the same.) but we do know wiiU will get the least, and if less good games isn't a reason to not buy a console I don't know what is.
#8squatch22Posted 1/20/2013 6:36:48 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
That's not true there were alot of multiplats in the ps1/n64 era same with ps2/xbox era, it's just in those a single console dominated so there were fewer multiplats in general. We don't really know how many multiplats there will be next gen, ps4 or next xbox could dominate reducing the amount of multiplats (the reason I don't say wiiU is wii did dominate and still didn't get them and wiiU is much the same.) but we do know wiiU will get the least, and if less good games isn't a reason to not buy a console I don't know what is.

Bias again...

Can I use ur time machine then?
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#9FunkyhamsterPosted 1/20/2013 6:52:22 PM
I was just thinking about making a post like this. I don't see what the big deal is. As long as the Wii U gets some good games of its own, who cares if it doesn't have the same library as the Xbox 720/PS4? Two consoles that serve similar roles are enough, and like the OP said, most generations don't have the same amount of library overlap that the past few have had.

The current drought of Wii U games is a problem though, in my opinion.
#10jillwarrenPosted 1/20/2013 7:11:47 PM
Funkyhamster posted...
I was just thinking about making a post like this. I don't see what the big deal is. As long as the Wii U gets some good games of its own, who cares if it doesn't have the same library as the Xbox 720/PS4? Two consoles that serve similar roles are enough, and like the OP said, most generations don't have the same amount of library overlap that the past few have had.

The current drought of Wii U games is a problem though, in my opinion.

The big deal is just that there are those who are SO desperate to be able to say that the Wii-U will be just as weak in comparison to the next Sony and Microsoft consoles as the Wii was to the 360/PS3, and this is their last holding point.

The whole point has been about trying to prove that this console is incredibly weak. In reality, everything is pointing to the Wii-U being a pretty nice upgrade. It is NOT looking to be the same level of power as the upcoming systems, but that is aside from the point. Unless something changes, the systems are going to be a good deal closer to than last gen. The only thing left is to try and say that the system will suck because it won't get third party games. There is no real evidence for this other than the fact that games that have been planned for release RIGHT NOW are not being ported. The fact is that as long as there are great games on this system, that is all that matters.

EVEN IF THE WII-U GETS EVERY SINGLE MULTIPLAT GAME FOR THE NEXT 6 YEARS THE TROLLS WON"T STOP. They will just find something else to complain about. The proof: there is not real drought of games on the Wii-U right now. It has one of the best launch lineups of any system in the history of video games. But for some reason there is something "wrong" with every Wii-U multiplat released right now. That is because these trolls will not be pleased. If Nintendo dropped every single game released for the PS3 tomorrow, they will still do no right with the trolls.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I owe Jesus everything; I love you Lord