Completely sucked into Arkham City...

#1New LinkPosted 1/20/2013 6:41:54 PM
So I purposely held off on this game until the Wii U version was available. I picked this up yesterday having played a bit on 360 and holy crap is this game awesome.

I did notice a few framerate drops in some cutscenes, but these aren't game breaking by any means.

BAT mode is very helpful (i'm not the best at this game and it's saved my life at least once) and having extra control on the remote battarang is very helpful. It's not purely motion controlled, but moreso motion-assisted.

I havent played enough of the original to point out the other differences (aside from costumes) but I can say if you haven't picked up this title i would definitely do so.

There is an a goal system for the Riddler's sidequests which I have found very interesting. Most consist of collecting trophies, some are just laying around, others you are faced with a riddle or puzzle which you must figure out before you can claim your prize.

There appears to be a ton of sidequests, and it's one of those games that is actually fun to just free-roam and find crime on the streets. This, coupled with great gameplay and a great main quest made for my money's worth.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#2LifelessBoyPosted 1/20/2013 6:43:43 PM
Sound the alarms, a positive topic!

On topic: Arkham City is good but Arkham Asylum is so much better. IMO of course.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#3New Link(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:46:56 PM
LifelessBoy posted...

On topic: Arkham City is good but Arkham Asylum is so much better. IMO of course.

Thanks man, after i complete this i may pick that up.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#4demonsouls4lifePosted 1/20/2013 6:47:34 PM
Arkham city is such an amazing game:) reading this makes me wanna play it again.
#5MarioMan847Posted 1/20/2013 6:48:51 PM
LifelessBoy posted...

I know right, it's sad how rare these are.
---
Video games are awesome.
#6Faceman_Posted 1/20/2013 6:49:40 PM
I'm completely sucked into Duke Nukem Forever. Hoping for a Wii U GOTY edition with the dlc. All I need now is Duke Nukem 64 on the virtual console.
#7SerOnionKnightPosted 1/20/2013 6:51:40 PM
Loved Arkham City on X360, particularly the ending; it was just incredible. I am not interested in it on the wii u though. I actually thought City was better than Asylum but they both are top tier games.
#8Jx1010Posted 1/20/2013 6:55:44 PM
Hell yea this game is very well done,
when it first came out I decided to wait until Game of the year version,
then I decided to wait till Wii U version came out... and it was worth it.

The gamepad helps out alot and the gameplay is very smooth, easy to play and worth exploring.
#9lp913Posted 1/20/2013 9:28:25 PM
Same here, TC! Ever since the announcement at E3 2011, I purposely waited for the Wii U version of Arkham City and it sure as hell doesn't disappoint either!!!! Its the only Wii U game I've been playing for the last two weeks (its just the Huge Batman fan in me taking over)

Just be careful when you play Harley Quinn's Revenge though, there's been reports its glitches out on its second playthrough. So make sure you get 100% on it the first time you play it all the way through (there's video guides to help you out on that if you need them). Doesn't affect main story mode though!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#10LUlGIPosted 1/20/2013 9:29:30 PM
You got Arkham City before Asylum?

...why