Completely sucked into Arkham City...

#11Jx1010Posted 1/20/2013 8:30:34 PM
lp913 posted...
Same here, TC! Ever since the announcement at E3 2011, I purposely waited for the Wii U version of Arkham City and it sure as hell doesn't disappoint either!!!! Its the only Wii U game I've been playing for the last two weeks (its just the Huge Batman fan in me taking over)

Just be careful when you play Harley Quinn's Revenge though, there's been reports its glitches out on its second playthrough. So make sure you get 100% on it the first time you play it all the way through (there's video guides to help you out on that if you need them). Doesn't affect main story mode though!

O man theres more??
I just passed the game after putting 45 hours into it.....

Allrigh, back to the batcave
#12Mirror_AuraPosted 1/20/2013 9:25:46 PM
I'm completely sucked into Duke Nukem Forever. Hoping for a Wii U GOTY edition with the dlc. All I need now is Duke Nukem 64 on the virtual console.

I think I enjoyed Duke Nukem 64's multiplayer more than Goldeneye's. So many fun gimmicky weapons to throw around, like the Laser Tripbombs. All in all, not a bad port of Duke Nukem 3D, imo.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#13AwayFromHerePosted 1/20/2013 9:27:43 PM
Welcome to 2011.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#14NarutoPosted 1/20/2013 9:33:20 PM
LUlGI posted...
You got Arkham City before Asylum?

...why

This. How can somebody ignore Arkham Asylum for so long?
#15ymmac1707Posted 1/20/2013 9:42:32 PM
I plan to buy it when the price drops, I also recommend Mass effect 3 for Wii U , a great game also.
#16Mirror_AuraPosted 1/20/2013 9:44:23 PM
From: AwayFromHere | Posted: 1/21/2013 12:27:43 AM | #013
Welcome to 2011.

Am I the only one who finds this attitude to be a bit suspect?

I mean, OK, this guy could be being sarcastic or like, you know, joking around, acting like the people who really do feel that way (i.e. "welcome to ____!!") but just let me rant here for a minute...

I feel like when someone is introduced to an amazing classic game that they haven't played before, something they really enjoy, like Super Metroid, no one says "Welcome to 1994."... same thing with Zero Mission, no one said "Welcome to 1986." when that came out. But isn't it really the same thing? Someone checking out an old game, either with or without enhancements, sometime after it was released?

Why is it that the people here are acting like the Wii U ports are some terrible thing because they aren't all immediately recent games? OK, don't get me wrong, I hate the Wii U too. I mean, not because I hate shiny boxes that can play games, but because I judge systems entirely on their libraries, and right now the Wii U hasn't really got much of interest that can make anyone say "objectively, this is a good console" just yet. Still waiting on that. Once the Wii U library gets going and Nintendo steps their game up later this year, I suspect there'll be a lot less Wii U hating going on. Anyway like I was saying, I'm not some Wii U fan, but I think the port-hating is kind of strange and biased. I don't see anyone talking that way about the Virtual Console on the 3DS, Wii, and Wii U... I only see it on topics and boards related to the Wii U ports of PS3/360 games.

Am I the only one here who feels this way???
---
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#17Faceman_Posted 1/20/2013 9:50:40 PM
Mirror_Aura posted...
I'm completely sucked into Duke Nukem Forever. Hoping for a Wii U GOTY edition with the dlc. All I need now is Duke Nukem 64 on the virtual console.

I think I enjoyed Duke Nukem 64's multiplayer more than Goldeneye's. So many fun gimmicky weapons to throw around, like the Laser Tripbombs. All in all, not a bad port of Duke Nukem 3D, imo.

Goldeneye had a fantastic multiplayer... But one thing it didn't have, was exploding shotgun shells.
#18NarutoPosted 1/20/2013 9:56:46 PM
Mirror_Aura posted...
I feel like when someone is introduced to an amazing classic game that they haven't played before, something they really enjoy, like Super Metroid, no one says "Welcome to 1994."... same thing with Zero Mission, no one said "Welcome to 1986." when that came out. But isn't it really the same thing? Someone checking out an old game, either with or without enhancements, sometime after it was released?

Zero Mission is a remake, Armored Edition is not. Super Metroid is also not newly released for $60 on Wii U, nor is it $20 on PS3 and 360.
#19Mirror_AuraPosted 1/20/2013 10:23:11 PM(edited)
Goldeneye had a fantastic multiplayer... But one thing it didn't have, was exploding shotgun shells.

I remember bouncing Grenade Launcher rounds off the walls and onto other people in Duke Nukem 64. And setting up Laser Tripbombs in small corridors. And stepping on Shrink Ray'd players. And acquiring the Dum-Dums, making the Pistol much more lethal. Pretty cool game.

Mirror_Aura posted...
Zero Mission is a remake, Armored Edition is not. Super Metroid is also not newly released for $60 on Wii U, nor is it $20 on PS3 and 360.

You're completely missing the point, though. What about all the PS1 ports of SNES games, like Tales of Phantasia, Final Fantasy 4-6, and Mega Man X3? What about Street Fighter II, didn't that take a year to make it to the SNES, and then another year to make it to the Genesis? I feel like you're just nitpicking, my point is perfectly valid if you replace the examples you didn't like with some other ones.

I'm completely serious, the attitude surrounding Wii U ports is annoying. Of course the flaws in them are annoying too, like the supposed bad frame rates, but that isn't a consequence of them being ports, it's just laziness on the part of the developers (which is very common when it comes to modern games!).

Games will be re-released on newer, more powerful systems, at full price, plenty of times. That's how things work. Every other system has a full priced version of Tetris or Pac-Man somewhere, I'm sure. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as the games remain fun and enjoyable and worth their price. I don't think this porting thing is going to stop anytime soon.

Like I said, I'm not accusing you or the previous poster of despising ports. But I've seen enough posts around these boards to know when something's wrong. I guess you could say it's kind of like a sixth sense...
---
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#20BlazeFaiaPosted 1/20/2013 10:39:25 PM
I actually have this game on 360 but plan to sell it and get it on Wii U. For a few reasons actually. 1, none of that $10 code BS that plagues the industry. 2, Wii U gamepad. And 3, all of the content packaged in one game.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png