Completely sucked into Arkham City...

#21New Link(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 11:42:19 PM
Well... I just beat the main story. 37% completion.

I was about to go all out on sidequests when the poo hit the fan in the main story and just focused on that because it seemed pressing, then i hit a point of no return.

I'm heading to bed for the night, but next time i play I'll be wrapping up some sidequests. I did try a few of the challenge levels, and i'm sure i'll be spending more time with those as well.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#22Jx1010Posted 1/21/2013 12:37:23 AM
New Link posted...
Well... I just beat the main story. 37% completion.

I was about to go all out on sidequests when the poo hit the fan in the main story and just focused on that because it seemed pressing, then i hit a point of no return.

I'm heading to bed for the night, but next time i play I'll be wrapping up some sidequests. I did try a few of the challenge levels, and i'm sure i'll be spending more time with those as well.

Take ur time man
#23AwayFromHerePosted 1/21/2013 12:43:44 AM
I actually have this game on 360 but plan to sell it and get it on Wii U. For a few reasons actually. 1, none of that $10 code BS that plagues the industry. 2, Wii U gamepad. And 3, all of the content packaged in one game.

Why not just get the GotY Edition then?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#24BlazeFaiaPosted 1/21/2013 12:56:00 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
I actually have this game on 360 but plan to sell it and get it on Wii U. For a few reasons actually. 1, none of that $10 code BS that plagues the industry. 2, Wii U gamepad. And 3, all of the content packaged in one game.

Why not just get the GotY Edition then?

See my first two reasons. $10 code BS, and Wii U Gamepad. GotY edition or not, new or used, you STILL have to input that code for Catwoman. Which is totally unacceptable. It's why I refused to get Saints Row the Third and I bought ACIII on Wii U.

Also I'd rather play it on my Wii U than my 360 tbh. Love my 360, but my Wii U is SO much more fun. Not even SmartGlass can compare to this.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#25AwayFromHerePosted 1/21/2013 1:13:18 AM

See my first two reasons. $10 code BS, and Wii U Gamepad. GotY edition or not, new or used, you STILL have to input that code for Catwoman. Which is totally unacceptable. It's why I refused to get Saints Row the Third and I bought ACIII on Wii U.

Also I'd rather play it on my Wii U than my 360 tbh. Love my 360, but my Wii U is SO much more fun. Not even SmartGlass can compare to this.

Um, no you don't. Everything is on disc in the GotY Edition.

You refuse to buy games because you have to put in a code? Wow.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#26Jx1010Posted 1/21/2013 1:21:06 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

The wii U has everything on disk
everything
everythins my everythings
#27JosephDigitalPosted 1/21/2013 2:28:43 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Welcome to 2011.

Welcome to 2013.
#28BlazeFaiaPosted 1/21/2013 9:05:13 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

Yes. Yes I do. Do you not see the horrid idea behind this? By not buying it I'm not supporting it. NO game should take part of it's content away from you because you bought it used. None. It's a terrible tactic that should be looked down on. I mean c'mon man. If I wanna buy A Link to the Past today, I can and I'm going to get the full experience of that game regardless of if I bought a used copy or searched high and low over the internet for an un-opened new copy.

Now look at Batman Arkham City. It's not even NEARLY as old as ALttP and already, if you buy it used you're missing half the game. What happens when PSN and Xbox Live disappear? Remember the original Xbox Live? Imagine people 10-20 years down the line. They no longer can play Arkham City in full because of this greedy concept to man handle used games sales.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#29trenkenPosted 1/21/2013 9:21:59 AM
New Link posted...
LifelessBoy posted...
Sound the alarms, a positive topic!

On topic: Arkham City is good but Arkham Asylum is so much better. IMO of course.

Thanks man, after i complete this i may pick that up.

Definitely get AA (not for the U obviously). I also liked it more than AC.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#30NarutoPosted 1/21/2013 9:24:34 AM
Mirror_Aura posted...
You're completely missing the point, though. What about all the PS1 ports of SNES games, like Tales of Phantasia, Final Fantasy 4-6, and Mega Man X3? What about Street Fighter II, didn't that take a year to make it to the SNES, and then another year to make it to the Genesis? I feel like you're just nitpicking, my point is perfectly valid if you replace the examples you didn't like with some other ones.

The situation with Arkham City is different from your examples. First off, ToP on PSone is a remake. Secondly, FFIV on PSone had a new translation and restored a lot of content that was changed for FFII. FFV was never released outside of Japan until the PSone version. FFVI had some terrible load times so people were crapping over it back then and prefer FFIII. As for Street Fighter II, the Genesis version was actually closer to the SNES version of Turbo, which was released around the same time.