Is the Wii U selling poorly?

#11DifferentialEquationPosted 1/20/2013 7:14:51 PM
Yes. Nintendo is probably going to do at least a $100 price cut.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#12PendragoonPosted 1/20/2013 7:15:48 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The system has sold very well for a new console. Only the PS2 and Wii beat it in the same time frame. This period of time we are currently in is the slowest sales of the year, every system took a nose dive this past week in Japan.

Nintendo is on track to hit their 5.5 million units sold by the end of March.

Not sure about it hitting 5.5. Four million at best

It's selling decently not a blockbuster. Sell won't pick up anytime soon with not many notable games coming out.

It is almost to 3 million now with two months to go.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#13BroadwayGPUPosted 1/20/2013 7:15:53 PM
Wii U caters to a specific, refined audience that values a tradishunal Japanstyle experience over a functional online component, up-to-date technology, or forward-thinking ideologies.
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#14MegagunstarmanPosted 1/20/2013 7:17:37 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
How do these sales compare with, say the Gamecube or the 360 at this point in their lifespans?

IIRC, better than 360 and worse than Gamecube. I would Google it to make sure, but I'm lazy.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#15nickvd8Posted 1/20/2013 7:19:10 PM
Baha05 posted...
It's really not selling badly, it's initial sales were healthy and like new consoles the sales will drop a bit but bounce when new AAA games come out.

This
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#16Board_hunter567Posted 1/20/2013 7:21:40 PM(edited)
Not really.
The main reason why it's deemed a flop (sales wise) is due to the runaway success that was the Wii.
#17icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 7:24:44 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Yes. Nintendo is probably going to do at least a $100 price cut.

Why would they drop the price when its selling better then ps3/360 did a launch
#18NiftyManZPosted 1/20/2013 7:27:11 PM
BroadwayGPU posted...
Wii U caters to a specific, refined audience that values a tradishunal Japanstyle experience over a functional online component, up-to-date technology, or forward-thinking ideologies.

Having a tablet in its controller isn't forward thinking?
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#19DifferentialEquationPosted 1/20/2013 7:32:06 PM
NiftyManZ posted...
BroadwayGPU posted...

Having a tablet in its controller isn't forward thinking?

It's passing a gimmick off as innovation. Why focus on actually making a great Zelda game again, when they can simply rehash the same uninspired crap and add a few items that use the touch screen and claim innovation even though they're functionally identical to previous gadgets? They'll still rake in a ton of money.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#20SkyCrackers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:38:30 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected. Acceptable sales, but below expectations. With the current game slump, though, the sales might lose some momentum, we'll see. I'm glad the Wii U's not failing, but I'm going to hold out on buying one until they either drop the price, or I see a must-have exclusive. I still have a lot of games from this gen on my plate, anyway.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.