Is the Wii U selling poorly?

#21icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 7:40:32 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
NiftyManZ posted...
BroadwayGPU posted...
Wii U caters to a specific, refined audience that values a tradishunal Japanstyle experience over a functional online component, up-to-date technology, or forward-thinking ideologies.

Having a tablet in its controller isn't forward thinking?

It's passing a gimmick off as innovation. Why focus on actually making a great Zelda game again, when they can simply rehash the same uninspired crap and add a few items that use the touch screen and claim innovation even though they're functionally identical to previous gadgets? They'll still rake in a ton of money.

Will it become innovation when Sony copies it
#22FeiBenaresPosted 1/20/2013 7:44:20 PM
No
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#23DaMan1900Posted 1/20/2013 7:46:27 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The system has sold very well for a new console. Only the PS2 and Wii beat it in the same time frame. This period of time we are currently in is the slowest sales of the year, every system took a nose dive this past week in Japan.

Nintendo is on track to hit their 5.5 million units sold by the end of March.

Not sure about it hitting 5.5. Four million at best

It's selling decently not a blockbuster. Sell won't pick up anytime soon with not many notable games coming out.

It is almost to 3 million now with two months to go.

if the japanese numbers are anything to go by i can safely say it will sell 500k - 750k in the next two months. 1 million units in the next two months is pushing it with the few games being trickled out for the next few months.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#24DifferentialEquationPosted 1/20/2013 7:48:11 PM
icarus231 posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
NiftyManZ posted...
BroadwayGPU posted...
Wii U caters to a specific, refined audience that values a tradishunal Japanstyle experience over a functional online component, up-to-date technology, or forward-thinking ideologies.

Having a tablet in its controller isn't forward thinking?

It's passing a gimmick off as innovation. Why focus on actually making a great Zelda game again, when they can simply rehash the same uninspired crap and add a few items that use the touch screen and claim innovation even though they're functionally identical to previous gadgets? They'll still rake in a ton of money.

Will it become innovation when Sony copies it

No, it's a gimmick. It's a gimmick either way.

And I didn't hate the Wiimote controller. Wii sports was a lot of fun. I hate that they tacked it onto their main games. The worst case scenario is that it makes the the game horribly gimmicky, the best case is that it doesn't get in the way too much. Oh, except for Pikmin, the Wiimote would have actually worked great with a new Pikmin game which they decided to not make. The Wii U controller is basically more of the same.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#25laxnd23Posted 1/20/2013 8:08:56 PM
what do you mean by fine? the sales are lower than expected, but the system isn't failing. everyone thinks that the ps4 and the 720 will magically have a huge install base, when they'll be $400 or more and have the same 3rd parties as Wii U, only this time the Wii U will have the cheaper price and higher install base, not to mention a decent library.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#26PendragoonPosted 1/20/2013 8:24:31 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The system has sold very well for a new console. Only the PS2 and Wii beat it in the same time frame. This period of time we are currently in is the slowest sales of the year, every system took a nose dive this past week in Japan.

Nintendo is on track to hit their 5.5 million units sold by the end of March.

Not sure about it hitting 5.5. Four million at best

It's selling decently not a blockbuster. Sell won't pick up anytime soon with not many notable games coming out.

It is almost to 3 million now with two months to go.

if the japanese numbers are anything to go by i can safely say it will sell 500k - 750k in the next two months. 1 million units in the next two months is pushing it with the few games being trickled out for the next few months.

You can't judge any system based on January sales numbers, it is the single slowest month of the year. Every system is down by about 67% in Japan.

As for the US, People are going to be filing for tax refunds soon and a lot of places give out loans against those returns. All systems will see a spike in sales in the next few months because of that.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#27LordrvPosted 1/21/2013 5:33:43 AM
OH DOOKEY MAYN! DAAAAYUUMM LEGO CITY!!!! I gotta have a Wii U now, talk about system sellers.
#28arvilinoPosted 1/21/2013 6:04:05 AM
Lordrv posted...
OH DOOKEY MAYN! DAAAAYUUMM LEGO CITY!!!! I gotta have a Wii U now, talk about system sellers.

Lego City probably will be a system seller. Just not to the small few here on GameFAQs discussing the console.
#29blunderminePosted 1/21/2013 6:07:02 AM
Ya it's not great right now. They need release dates for the platinum games, and soon.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#30IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 6:13:56 AM
Yes, it's falling pretty steadily every week. Most likely not going to meet their sales goal.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10