Is the Wii U selling poorly?

#31jakestar0306Posted 1/21/2013 7:08:41 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
icarus231 posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
NiftyManZ posted...
BroadwayGPU posted...
Wii U caters to a specific, refined audience that values a tradishunal Japanstyle experience over a functional online component, up-to-date technology, or forward-thinking ideologies.

Having a tablet in its controller isn't forward thinking?

It's passing a gimmick off as innovation. Why focus on actually making a great Zelda game again, when they can simply rehash the same uninspired crap and add a few items that use the touch screen and claim innovation even though they're functionally identical to previous gadgets? They'll still rake in a ton of money.

Will it become innovation when Sony copies it

No, it's a gimmick. It's a gimmick either way.

And I didn't hate the Wiimote controller. Wii sports was a lot of fun. I hate that they tacked it onto their main games. The worst case scenario is that it makes the the game horribly gimmicky, the best case is that it doesn't get in the way too much. Oh, except for Pikmin, the Wiimote would have actually worked great with a new Pikmin game which they decided to not make. The Wii U controller is basically more of the same.

Because they definitely haven't been working on a new Pikmin since 2008 or anything.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#32Rasputin77Posted 1/21/2013 7:13:25 AM
Hey, the good news is I haven't sold my launch unit yet, whereas I got rid of my original Wii lickety-split. Now that means I have plenty of great Wii games I never tried while Nintendo hopefully gets their s*** together.
---
Wii U board rule: If the topic title has ANY adjective with a negative implication... it's time to pee pants.
http://alturl.com/hc9un
#33TKUKGPosted 1/21/2013 7:35:40 AM
BroadwayGPU posted...
Wii U caters to a specific, refined audience that values a tradishunal Japanstyle experience over a functional online component, up-to-date technology, or forward-thinking ideologies.

Or people who prefer Nintendo games.
You really sound like a child. Online means nothing to me. I have real friends. Out of date technology? Yeah because technology makes everything better, right?
Many, many people prefer to play older style games to FPS#459280. "Oohh loook. Graphics so good you can see individual blades of grass!" (Still plays like every other game)
#34TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 7:48:19 AM
Where is the advertising? There's no significant franchises releasing before end of quarter. Word of mouth is poorer than expected. There isn't hype like the Wii had when there were wide spread shortages.

That's the only reason the Wii-U is selling anywhere near the Wii's pace. You just couldn't find a Wii forever. Mario Universe=Problem solved.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#35DifferentialEquationPosted 1/21/2013 9:02:26 AM
jakestar0306 posted...

Because they definitely haven't been working on a new Pikmin since 2008 or anything.

Well that's so much better then. That the guys who had the #1 selling console last gen couldn't get their **** together and release a game for it that would have been a perfect fit.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#36jakestar0306Posted 1/21/2013 9:08:40 AM
I guess the many other "perfect-fit" Wii games and motion-control ports of both Pikmin games don't exist, then?
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#37DifferentialEquationPosted 1/21/2013 9:13:15 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
I guess the many other "perfect-fit" Wii games and motion-control ports of both Pikmin games don't exist, then?

Here's the thing. I don't care about Pikmin 1 & 2. I played them on my Gamecube and still have them. If I want to play them I can. I'm not impressed by Nintendo re releasing an old game with motion controls added instead of a brand new one. It's nice that they do it. But it doesn't make up for the lack of a new game. Aside from Wii Sports, I can't think of any games that motion controls are a perfect fit for. In Mario Galaxy, they simply manage to not get in the way too much. In Zelda and many other games, they're a nuisance and drag the game down.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#38trenkenPosted 1/21/2013 9:20:01 AM
Baha05 posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Not sure about it hitting 5.5. Four million at best

It's selling decently not a blockbuster. Sell won't pick up anytime soon with not many notable games coming out.

Doesn't Monster Hunter come out in March though? Also Lego City? And hell if they can push Pikmin 3 out it'll help.

Neither of those are system sellers. Neither of those franchises ever had close to enough power to boost the sales of any system. Those are secondary franchises. They are not Mario, or Zelda, or GTA, or MGS, not even close. Those are the kinds of games the U badly needs, except nothing on the level is even slated to come out this year.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero