The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Question to filipino wii u owners (open also to anyone who can answer)

#1obsines311Posted 1/20/2013 7:10:48 PM
Good day.

I have read that currently the nintendo network id is tied to the console you created it on. If you're console is damaged beyond repair, how can you transfer your account id to another wii u console? Are there certified nintendo repair centers in the Philippines capable of doing so?

Thank you.
---
"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm crazy. That is the way history is written."
-Artemis Fowl
#2SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/20/2013 7:15:19 PM
You send it to Nintendo, no matter what region you live in. That's the only way.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#3obsines311(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:26:49 PM
That sucks. Shipping fees will be expensive.

Do they accept repairs outside the US? Any filipino who have experienced a damaged wii u or 3ds?
---
"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm crazy. That is the way history is written."
-Artemis Fowl
#4YamiYugi4400Posted 1/20/2013 7:28:50 PM
Yeah nintendo is still ass backwards regarding some things
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#5obsines311(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:56:54 PM
Makes you wonder if they actually read/listen to feedbacks. For now, I better take care not to brick or break my console.

I'm going to wait for feedback from others especially from filipinos or users outside the US who own a US nintendo device.
---
-Artemis Fowl
#6SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/20/2013 8:20:00 PM(edited)
obsines311 posted...
Makes you wonder if they actually read/listen to feedbacks. For now, I better take care not to brick or break my console.

I'm going to wait for feedback from others especially from filipinos or users outside the US who own a US nintendo device.

Did you really need one that badly that you bought a US one without knowing how the repair policy worked?

Also, if you have to get your WiiU transferred to another system due to failure, Nintendo themselves said they won't give you your same NNID back. Google it or call Nintendo and ask them if you doubt.

In fact, you should call Nintendo and ask about the original question, since feedback from GFaqs might start to vary depending on who answers you.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#7obsines311(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:28:24 PM
It's not that I need one badly, but almost all consoles sold here are US version. Some are japanese and, if I remember correctly, my first DS is UAE which is basically a US version. There is no Philippine or local versions of consoles here.

I could ask nintendo but I also wanted to know what others who are in the same situation did.
---
-Artemis Fowl
#8obsines311(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:31:06 PM
Bump!
---
-Artemis Fowl
#9NarutoPosted 1/20/2013 10:48:23 PM
Just fly over to America and visit a licensed Nintendo repair shop. Remember to buy loads of outlet Coach bags so you can resell them in your home country in order to cover the airfare.