C/D Metroid Prime 4 + Wii U + Online Multiplayer = Badass game.

#31brutalrhinoPosted 1/20/2013 10:48:18 PM
C, but only if it's not on the Wii U.
---
GT - brutalrhino
#32Omega_BlackPosted 1/20/2013 10:54:52 PM
knightimex posted...
why do games need online mp ?
it takes away from single player

It didn't take away from Echoes.
However, it was such a throwaway feature that any resources used for it probably could have been used to make Echoes even better.

Fact is, if Nintendo wants a multiplayer killer app, it needs to reboot GEIST or create a new IP.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#33The_OllynatorPosted 1/20/2013 11:02:53 PM
Honestly depends on what kind of online multiplayer. If we're thinking an online equivalent to MP2: Echoes' mode, then no thanks. If the game was designed from the ground up as a multiplayer capable title, then I might be interested.

However, at least for it's 'first outing' as an online multiplayer title, I think a strong 2 or 4 player co-op for the whole campaign would be tremendous. Provided that's a success, I wouldn't mind an attempt in "MP5" or a large MP4 DLC to try and add full competitive modes too.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#34strongo9Posted 1/20/2013 11:13:24 PM
D, Whenever devs try and shoehorn multiplayer into a single player it usually affects the game as a whole.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#35harvestmoonmikePosted 1/20/2013 11:33:12 PM
We don't need multiplayer in a Metroid game, leave that to Nintendoland... MP2 suffered from it, I mean, it's a good game, but it's easily the worst of the three.

I'd definitely prefer a new Metroid Prime to any other type of Metroid game, save maybe a 2D sidescroller, but honestly, I'd rather Retro Studios work on a Donkey Kong Country Returns sequel first.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#36Stefan1277Posted 1/20/2013 11:37:48 PM
The new gen of cry baby gamers are obsessed with online multiplayer. Look at how games that didn't have to MUST have a focus on it just to get some attention. Why does anyone want this? to scream and threaten to kill people when they lose?
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#37jakisthePosted 1/21/2013 12:03:36 AM
D

Are you guys serious? They already attempted multiple version of Metroid multiplayer...and it was always terrible. Putting it online doesn't help.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#38robinhoekPosted 1/21/2013 12:12:00 AM
Omega_Black posted...
knightimex posted...
why do games need online mp ?
it takes away from single player

It didn't take away from Echoes.
However, it was such a throwaway feature that any resources used for it probably could have been used to make Echoes even better.

Fact is, if Nintendo wants a multiplayer killer app, it needs to reboot GEIST or create a new IP.

You just said it didn't take away from it and then in the next breath proved it likely did. Opportunity costs are real. The fact is a lot of us would prefer games not add a multiplayer that is only there as something a publisher can mark off the checklist of what a modern game needs to have. If a game isn't CoD or Halo or some other heavy hitter then the online community is pitiful anyway. At least if a game is multi only it would get more dedicated multiplayer enthusiasts in the door for a more highly polished and quality multiplayer experience. Look at Assassins Creed. ACII is still the best. Know what it didn't have? Multiplayer. Know what kept ACIII from being an excellent game? Lack of overall polish specifically in the single player campaign. You have to think that gets ironed out better if the mediocre online isn't there. Has a game had both and been good? Yes. Has a game had both and been excellent? Yes. Is that what happens most of the time? Hell no.
#39XWolfOPosted 1/21/2013 12:23:18 AM
I'd love it. Doubt I'd touch the MP, but I now curiosity would kick in at one point and I'd start playing it. I don't see it happening, though. Not any time soon at least.
---
It's-a me!
#40EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/21/2013 12:32:17 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
habsalltheway33 posted...
Guys, what would be wrong with a multiplayer Metroid experience??

AMAZING CAMPAIGN AND ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......but for some reason people are all like "you can't have good multiplayer and single player experiences"....totally false and i would trust Retro in this.

Butthurt fanboys think that multiplayer automatically negates a good single player experience.

I don't know where that comes from. Both can exist if the developers execute it correctly. They're going to have some form of multiplayer. It would work too well with Metroid if they did it right and they could still produce a solid campaign.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2