C/D Metroid Prime 4 + Wii U + Online Multiplayer = Badass game.

#41omniryuPosted 1/21/2013 2:49:03 AM
robinhoek posted...
Omega_Black posted...
knightimex posted...
why do games need online mp ?
it takes away from single player

It didn't take away from Echoes.
However, it was such a throwaway feature that any resources used for it probably could have been used to make Echoes even better.

Fact is, if Nintendo wants a multiplayer killer app, it needs to reboot GEIST or create a new IP.

You just said it didn't take away from it and then in the next breath proved it likely did. Opportunity costs are real. The fact is a lot of us would prefer games not add a multiplayer that is only there as something a publisher can mark off the checklist of what a modern game needs to have. If a game isn't CoD or Halo or some other heavy hitter then the online community is pitiful anyway. At least if a game is multi only it would get more dedicated multiplayer enthusiasts in the door for a more highly polished and quality multiplayer experience. Look at Assassins Creed. ACII is still the best. Know what it didn't have? Multiplayer. Know what kept ACIII from being an excellent game? Lack of overall polish specifically in the single player campaign. You have to think that gets ironed out better if the mediocre online isn't there. Has a game had both and been good? Yes. Has a game had both and been excellent? Yes. Is that what happens most of the time? Hell no.

So this automatically makes it the multiplayer fault? Never mind you had a large game with possibly hundreds of thousand collision boxes, a brand new engine, easy larger areas than previous entrees, and way more content (like navy battle, new weapons, and more). So we have tons of new stuff and the multiplayer is to blame. Yea right.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#42Red_hot_smasherPosted 1/21/2013 6:22:58 AM
mnemeth2005 posted...
Ill go ahead and confirm only if the single player doesn't suffer for the inclusion of MP.

This.
---
www.avaaz.org, www.allout.org, www.amnesty.org
All these organizations for human rights, and yet noone cares about the victims of copyright law. ;,(
#43nintendo3000Posted 1/21/2013 6:28:45 AM
MP4 with Hunters multiplayer then yes!
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#44Omega_BlackPosted 1/21/2013 2:13:19 PM
robinhoek posted...
Omega_Black posted...
knightimex posted...
why do games need online mp ?
it takes away from single player

It didn't take away from Echoes.
However, it was such a throwaway feature that any resources used for it probably could have been used to make Echoes even better.

Fact is, if Nintendo wants a multiplayer killer app, it needs to reboot GEIST or create a new IP.

You just said it didn't take away from it and then in the next breath proved it likely did.

I said that Echoes' multiplayer did not take away from its single player.

I also speculate that if multiplayer was scrapped, the time and effort used to create it could have been used to make the already great single player even better.

The remainder of my post is largely in line with your wall of text.

Please learn to read toward comprehension next time.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#45Elements012894Posted 1/21/2013 3:19:39 PM
Confirm

Nintendo needs their resident FPS online as well. I have faith in Retro to pull it off. I just don't like how long it may take.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#46DChybridkingPosted 1/21/2013 3:44:55 PM
C so long as the single player isn't compromised
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#47_Sovereign_Posted 1/21/2013 3:59:15 PM
Only if they have a separate team handle the multiplayer. I have no interest in multi but as long as Retro isn't forced to cut time out of their schedule to shoehorn it in then I say let it come!
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#48mjc0961Posted 1/21/2013 4:08:31 PM
D because they'll probably screw up the controls like they did for Metroid Prime and the Metroid mini-game in Nintendo Land.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#49rafiiillaPosted 1/21/2013 4:11:40 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Corruption is very far from being trash: It's a very well designed game that manages to capture the spirit of Metroid pretty well, and it's just bursting with originality and creativity.

I would say that Echoes is superior to Prime in most aspects, and it's also a very creative game.

I like all three about equal, though.

this..

I thought this guy was trolling because (for me) Echoes was better than prime

(haven't played Corruption, I know shame on me)
---
NNID: rafiiilla
#50wiiking96Posted 1/21/2013 4:15:10 PM
mjc0961 posted...
D because they'll probably screw up the controls like they did for Metroid Prime and the Metroid mini-game in Nintendo Land.

What was wrong with the controls in Metroid Prime?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!