C/D Metroid Prime 4 + Wii U + Online Multiplayer = Badass game.

#51ADHDguitarPosted 1/21/2013 5:16:32 PM
Yes, as long as they didn't make it a generic twitch shooter, but rather kept the same style of gameplay for a slower, more calculated multiplayer experience.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#52smashmastermiiPosted 1/21/2013 5:23:14 PM
C, i think if done right it would do really well against halo and COD...:p
#53Xenesis XenonPosted 1/21/2013 6:00:25 PM
Ew, no.

MP2's multiplayer was more than enough to realise I'd never want this to happen as a 'thing' again.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#54james259Posted 1/21/2013 6:11:27 PM
I don't get why people say no. You don't have to play it and who knows... it could actually be fun *gasp* People are so quick to assume

I just want a good Metroid game. I have played and enjoyed all of them except Other M. (beating a dead horse).
---
It hurts so good
#55wrightreyesrockPosted 1/21/2013 6:31:27 PM
Metroid does not need multiplayer
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3611 1741 9366
#56Reflex-ArcPosted 1/21/2013 6:51:42 PM
Neither C nor D until announcements are made and gameplay video surfaces.

...not that I'd ever use the online multiplayer bits and especially not random matchmaking. Words cannot express how much I hate the average online game. It's a rare circumstance to find a game not populated by adolescent racist adderall poppers who just learned how to curse.
#57Fierce_Deity777Posted 1/21/2013 9:27:27 PM
D.

They'll probably make another game, but word of god confirmed that it won't be titled "Prime 4"

That aside, While I have high hopes for the Wii U metroid game.. I'm unsure about online multiplayer. MP:H was good, but I think it could have been better. Especially if we assume that Samus would be the only playable character this time around.

I do love me some co-op, though.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#58ZodrynPosted 1/21/2013 9:33:52 PM
If the multiplayer is Halo 3/Reach/4 quality (emphasis on the customization) and the single player is Metroid Prime 1 quality, I'm all for it. It also wouldn't hurt to make a co-op mode (perhaps an alternate story ala Portal 2), but this is a lot to ask.

In any case, the single player needs to be isolated, exploration oriented, and speed runner friendly.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#592wingedangelPosted 1/21/2013 9:38:25 PM
D, it still has metroids.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#60robinhoekPosted 1/23/2013 12:20:15 AM
Omega_Black posted...
robinhoek posted...
Omega_Black posted...
knightimex posted...
why do games need online mp ?
it takes away from single player

It didn't take away from Echoes.
However, it was such a throwaway feature that any resources used for it probably could have been used to make Echoes even better.

Fact is, if Nintendo wants a multiplayer killer app, it needs to reboot GEIST or create a new IP.

You just said it didn't take away from it and then in the next breath proved it likely did.

I said that Echoes' multiplayer did not take away from its single player.

I also speculate that if multiplayer was scrapped, the time and effort used to create it could have been used to make the already great single player even better.

The remainder of my post is largely in line with your wall of text.

Please learn to read toward comprehension next time.

Don't insult someone's comprehension skills when you can't grasp the basic concept of an opportunity cost. You say multiplayer didn't detract. Then you said its possible that the time and effort put into making it could have been used to make the single player even better. That would be the definition of multiplayer detracting from the single player.