So monster hunter 3 ultimate is a slight expansion to the wii game.

#21YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:17:16 PM
LUlGI posted...
Yes? Woo some more enemies.

- More enemies
- They brought back all the weapons that weren't in Tri (Gunlance, Bow, Dual Swords, Hunting Horn)
- A new partner for story mode
- G Rank quests have returned.

So some new enemies

a few new weapons

a new person to team with

and some quests.

So far it is sounding like a Slight Expansion

Was all of this already in the psp version? If so that would make the Wii version the inferior one. Seems like they're just fixing what they messed up if all of this was already in the psp version
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#22GoombaXPosted 1/20/2013 10:17:36 PM
lol coming from the guy who ignores everyone who makes him look unintelligent.
you even get a nice little message that says and i qoute "I don't need someone making me look stupid, goodbye troll"
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#23YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:17:49 PM
Buretsu posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Oh i never look stupid :)

I don't recall seeing you do anything but...

You like my butt?
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#24LUlGIPosted 1/20/2013 10:22:16 PM
What the hell would be a "Big expansion" then?

Portable 3rd had most of that, but it never released outside of Japan.

So either way you look at it 3U is more or less better than P3rd, and both are better than Tri.
#25YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:23:09 PM
LUlGI posted...
What the hell would be a "Big expansion" then?

Portable 3rd had most of that, but it never released outside of Japan.

So either way you look at it 3U is more or less better than P3rd, and both are better than Tri.

You make a valid point
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#26Jaime_BennPosted 1/20/2013 10:39:13 PM
GoombaX posted...
you even get a nice little message that says and i qoute "I don't need someone making me look stupid, goodbye troll"

---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#27Banjo2553Posted 1/20/2013 11:04:15 PM
It's nowhere NEAR a "slight" expansion to the game. It has like three times the amount of content.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#28YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:50:24 AM
Jaime_Benn posted...
GoombaX posted...

And that's why i have goomba on ignore, he literally made that up. He's just a troll that can't handle the fact i'm ignoring him.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#29P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/21/2013 4:22:38 AM
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3_Ultimate

Educate yourself.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#30GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/21/2013 4:42:27 AM(edited)
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Ha ha wow. Of course in japan its a top seller

Ultimates a port of the 3DS game, which is a port of a goddamn PS2 game.

I don't mind PS2 games, hell my largest collection of physical games is PS2 iirc. But um yeah, this game is going to debut at 60 bucks in 2013, with ps2 tier geometry (polygon count/complexity) and ps2 tier textures that are merely smoothed.

Its ****ing disgusting. They added some new monsters, but its basically putting lipstick on a pig. They shouldn't be charging more than 35 bucks for it, given how old the assets in the game are. The game this is ported from assets from games that came out Six. Years. Ago. Or more.

The game is inspired by Phantasy Star Onlines (PSOs) gameplay style. And PSO2 is out in japan now, its free to download, and free to play, and has tons of content. And it DOES have next gen graphics and looks amazing on high settings. Its coming to the US and EU around march-ish, the same time as MH on Wii U. Except you know. PSO2 is free to play and download in every way, and MH is ultra rehashed PS2 game assets being repackaged with some extra monsters and sold yet again for 60 dollars.

Kinda goes to show how lazy and cheap capcom is, when they wont even spend the money to evolve the game and make a new one from the ground up so that it, you know, even LOOKS current graphically, yet Sega, a company that has been in financial turmoil out the ass has enough standards to make a proper sequel that has visuals worthy of modern day hardware.

I would love to see and play a new Monster Hunter, and hopefully MH4 DOES end up being a new game built to use the hardware of today. But knowing capcom it'll probably be yet another rehash of the ps2 engine.

Given all that, PSO2 is the better game and I can't rationalize giving capcom 60 bucks and enabling this lazy developer logic that thinks its ok to repackage the same game over and over and over with tiny additions and ask full retail each time. Its ludicrous. (Plus I have PSO2 right now, feels good man)

Capcom really needs to get their **** together or get out of gaming. SF4 sucks compared to SF3 and Alpha 3, MVC3 sucks compared to MVC 1 and 2, Megamans been effectively killed off, and with so many passive '**** You's to fans, DmC is full of blatant '**** YOU's to fans, RE has become a homogenized cawadoody wanna be and has jumped the shark into full blown ****ty game idiocy etc. It's like the people running Capcom literally hate their loyal customers and take every opportunity to spit in their faces.

Judging by the Wii U sales in Japan and sales of the game there, apparently even Japan isn't really dying to play the same exact game for the 5th time or whatever with minor window dressing added. Capcom really needs to cut the crap, and make a new game that actually LOOKS like a game made in 2013. This Ps2 MH engine rehashing is literally worse than the SF2 rereleases capcom is infamous for doing. Theres literally more MH games using the ps2 assets, than there are versions of SF2. That's REALLY ****ing bad.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie