You know what? Im shocked that Ni No Kuni (PS3) wasn't ported to Wii U

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 1/20/2013 10:49:31 PM
Ni No Kuni is getting such praise from the west, getting scores like a 9.4 from IGN and a 9.3 from GameTrailers. The game took so long to localize though that they could have easily made a Wii U version. Why didnt they, especially with the Wii U's game library being very lacking right now :/.

Imagine the Wii U was the only console you could play Xenoblade AND Ni No Kuni? Missed oppurtunity
---
May 7th 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2Monkmaster79Posted 1/20/2013 10:55:20 PM
I'm not. It sold horribly in Japan despite the PS3 having an incredible install base there. In fact, the hope of a sequel rests on it's NA sales. How bad is that?
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#3Kiro_namiPosted 1/20/2013 11:03:28 PM
I'm more surprised by the fact that the DS version never got localized.
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#4blue_hedgehogPosted 1/20/2013 11:04:39 PM
Didn't the DS version require you to use a physical book during the game?
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#5LordrvPosted 1/20/2013 11:07:30 PM
It sold bad 'cause the price is absurd lol.
#6ElectricMolePosted 1/20/2013 11:08:16 PM
Level 5 is biased
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#7BuretsuPosted 1/20/2013 11:10:25 PM
Kiro_nami posted...
I'm more surprised by the fact that the DS version never got localized.

That's because the DS version included a physical spellbook that Nintendo decided was just too expensive to translate. In the PS3 version, the spellbook is digital, so it cost much less.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8The_King82Posted 1/20/2013 11:14:45 PM
Nintendrones are jelly.
#9PannerPosted 1/20/2013 11:18:04 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
Ni No Kuni is getting such praise from the west, getting scores like a 9.4 from IGN and a 9.3 from GameTrailers. The game took so long to localize though that they could have easily made a Wii U version. Why didnt they, especially with the Wii U's game library being very lacking right now :/.

Imagine the Wii U was the only console you could play Xenoblade AND Ni No Kuni? Missed oppurtunity

I'd like to know how the Wii U library is lacking?
It has MORE games out now than any other console has ever had in this short a time frame from release.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#10GLDanzegoPosted 1/20/2013 11:34:48 PM(edited)
Panner posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

I'd like to know how the Wii U library is lacking?
It has MORE games out now than any other console has ever had in this short a time frame from release.

I don't know if the dude you're responding to is trolling or hating or not- it's so hard to keep track with as many as there are here- but he's not inaccurate. It's a new game system, so of course its library is lacking right now. That's part of being a new system and not having a lot of software available for it at the current time.