You know what? Im shocked that Ni No Kuni (PS3) wasn't ported to Wii U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. You know what? Im shocked that Ni No Kuni (PS3) wasn't ported to Wii U

User Info: Shovel_Break

Shovel_Break
3 years ago#1
Ni No Kuni is getting such praise from the west, getting scores like a 9.4 from IGN and a 9.3 from GameTrailers. The game took so long to localize though that they could have easily made a Wii U version. Why didnt they, especially with the Wii U's game library being very lacking right now :/.

Imagine the Wii U was the only console you could play Xenoblade AND Ni No Kuni? Missed oppurtunity
May 7th 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)

User Info: Monkmaster79

Monkmaster79
3 years ago#2
I'm not. It sold horribly in Japan despite the PS3 having an incredible install base there. In fact, the hope of a sequel rests on it's NA sales. How bad is that?
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!

User Info: Kiro_nami

Kiro_nami
3 years ago#3
I'm more surprised by the fact that the DS version never got localized.
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.

User Info: blue_hedgehog

blue_hedgehog
3 years ago#4
Didn't the DS version require you to use a physical book during the game?
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.

User Info: Lordrv

Lordrv
3 years ago#5
It sold bad 'cause the price is absurd lol.

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
3 years ago#6
Level 5 is biased
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
3 years ago#7
Kiro_nami posted...
I'm more surprised by the fact that the DS version never got localized.

That's because the DS version included a physical spellbook that Nintendo decided was just too expensive to translate. In the PS3 version, the spellbook is digital, so it cost much less.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: The_King82

The_King82
3 years ago#8
Nintendrones are jelly.

User Info: Panner

Panner
3 years ago#9
Shovel_Break posted...
Ni No Kuni is getting such praise from the west, getting scores like a 9.4 from IGN and a 9.3 from GameTrailers. The game took so long to localize though that they could have easily made a Wii U version. Why didnt they, especially with the Wii U's game library being very lacking right now :/.

Imagine the Wii U was the only console you could play Xenoblade AND Ni No Kuni? Missed oppurtunity

I'd like to know how the Wii U library is lacking?
It has MORE games out now than any other console has ever had in this short a time frame from release.
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it

User Info: GLDanzego

GLDanzego
3 years ago#10
Panner posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

I'd like to know how the Wii U library is lacking?
It has MORE games out now than any other console has ever had in this short a time frame from release.

I don't know if the dude you're responding to is trolling or hating or not- it's so hard to keep track with as many as there are here- but he's not inaccurate. It's a new game system, so of course its library is lacking right now. That's part of being a new system and not having a lot of software available for it at the current time.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. You know what? Im shocked that Ni No Kuni (PS3) wasn't ported to Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived