The worst thing about the Wii U is it does not fix Wii motion controls

#1PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/20/2013 10:25:28 PM
The thing that I dislike the most about the Wii U is that I wish that it enabled the use of a normal controller with Wii games in Wii mode. The reason why I dislike the Wii so much is because of the awful gimmicky motion controls. (despite hating motion controls, I absolutely LOVE & ADORE NINTENDO!!!!!!!!)

Sure the Wii had some really good games, but the wretched motion controls got in the way of having a truly enjoyable experience. Another thing is that motion controls get in the way of immersion, especially when the controls don't work well since the Wiimote is mostly unresponsive and inaccurate.

I wish the Wii U had the feature to disable motion in Wii games and enable use of the GamePad or Pro controller instead.

Anyway, I adore the WiiU since the GamePad functions as a normal controller, just with a screen, with dual sticks and that motion are not the primary form of controls.

So, before flaming, just realize that Nintendo is the best video game company and they make the best funnest games without resorting to the modern day standards of PAAGGs and pewpew shooters. Plus Nintendo is back to normal controls (in first person games). Before you argue about the Wiimote being usable in Wii U games, first realize that in single player games, the Wii U gamepad is the primary controller.
#2BuretsuPosted 1/20/2013 10:26:58 PM
PAAGGpewpew posted...
I wish the Wii U had the feature to disable motion in Wii games and enable use of the GamePad or Pro controller instead.

wut
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Wiiplayer111Posted 1/20/2013 10:30:18 PM
The Wiimote is 1:1 in Wii U games. At least its a huge difference over Wii. I never really minded the Wii but its way better.

And the reason its not backwards is because its just a regular Wii inside the Wii U.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#4tuznecotePosted 1/20/2013 10:34:02 PM
The problem with Wii is it never had dlc or patch updates for individual games. I am sure as hello alot of the games eventually would of looked at bad reviews and said "ok best slap in classic / gamecube controls". Many games could of done with just a normal control scheme and this is coming from someone who loves motion controls... just hated the lack of buttons and second analog for camera control.
#5SmashBro25Posted 1/20/2013 10:58:06 PM
The steps they are taking with Wiimote usage in Wii U games are already going in the right direction. For example, in Nintendo Land among other games, you can select things either by moving the d-pad or using the pointer. It was quite annoying to have to navigate the Wii Menu with the pointer always, especially when I wanted to play a Gamecube game. Plugging in a Classic Controller allows you to move the pointer with the analog stick, but it's still yet another item I have to take out of the drawer.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground