Fallout 4 Would be Awesome for the Wii U

#1Mii_llerPosted 1/20/2013 10:38:52 PM
Is anyone else really hoping for a Fallout game for the Wii U? It just seems like the gamepad would really fit the Fallout series. You could use it to select body parts in VATS, and it would feel a lot like using a real pip-boy.
#2ShadowSkill11Posted 1/20/2013 10:45:46 PM
It will never happen. The New Fallout and Elder Scrolls series are meant to be technological marvels. They would need to hold back the ps4/720/pc versions to squeeze in a WiiU version.
#3ElectricMolePosted 1/20/2013 10:46:55 PM
Bethesda like high end hardware, if not pc, then the high spec consoles.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#4RedOrionPosted 1/20/2013 10:52:13 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
It will never happen. The New Fallout and Elder Scrolls series are meant to be technological marvels. They would need to hold back the ps4/720/pc versions to squeeze in a WiiU version.

Implying they are even on par. Skyrim was "held back" by the 360 and PS3. So really that argument doesn't work. Bethesda has considered putting games on Nintendo consoles but they said they lacked the specs, now with the Wii U this is a different scenario.
#5ShadowSkill11Posted 1/20/2013 10:56:59 PM
RedOrion posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...

Implying they are even on par. Skyrim was "held back" by the 360 and PS3. So really that argument doesn't work. Bethesda has considered putting games on Nintendo consoles but they said they lacked the specs, now with the Wii U this is a different scenario.

You are assuming the game is being made for current gen consoles such as the ps3 and 360. It's not. The WiiU is on par with a 360 and ps3 but not the systems replacing them(ps4/720) in less than a year.
#6RedOrionPosted 1/20/2013 11:00:18 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
RedOrion posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...

You are assuming the game is being made for current gen consoles such as the ps3 and 360. It's not. The WiiU is on par with a 360 and ps3 but not the systems replacing them(ps4/720) in less than a year.

Lol it's not. This information is literally posted every day, there's no point in repeating it.

Anyways, Yes TC Fallout 4 would be incredible on the U.
#7strongo9Posted 1/20/2013 11:13:58 PM
I would rather have it on the PC.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/20/2013 11:19:39 PM
I would like it, but honestly, I would get it on PC. Only because I can use cheats on the PC.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#9RedOrionPosted 1/20/2013 11:25:04 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I would like it, but honestly, I would get it on PC. Only because I can use cheats on the PC.

yup, dem workshop mods.
#10BlazeFaiaPosted 1/20/2013 11:32:11 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...

Er. I'd like to redirect you to Skyrim's graphics AND menu navigation. Both were clearly held back by extremely and painfully old hardware. Navigating menus on PC shouldn't be this much of a chore. And it's graphical style is clearly dated. My subpar laptop can run it. Hardly a "technological marvel". The game was clearly built around consoles and not PCs. And consoles can never compete with PCs. New or not, PCs will always look better. Current consoles are 7 years old and even when they were brand new they were still outdated hardware. Bethesda clearly isn't looking to make their games on the best looking platforms.

To be clear, I love Skyrim. And I couldn't give two ***** about graphical capabilities. Skyrim looks fine as it is. But Bethesda isn't looking to make the best looking games on the best looking devices. Otherwise they'd have stuck to PC with Skyrim and New Vegas rather than "console-izing" them.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png