"Nintendoomed"- Yahoo

#111JackalPosted 1/21/2013 11:51:44 AM
It's not a badly written article but we just have to wait and see what happens. If MS and Sony do announce their new systems in the next few months and they have some great feature and/or announced titles then the Wii U can become the next Dreamcast. While the DC was a great little console the PS2 stole it's thunder by simple adding a DVD player and backwards compatibility.

So think of what the next systems from Sony and MS can offer that Nintendo didn't.

- USB 3.0
- Built in Ethernet ports (face palm to Nintendo)
- Possible N-band wifi
- CD/DVD/BR/4k support
- Illumaroom
- Kinect 2.0
- Internal storage
- Media extender capability
- Enough time to have a number of 1st party games ready for launch
- Enough time for 3rd non-ports

Probably more. So we'll see what happens but I'm still getting the Wii U for Monster Hunter. Nothing else matters.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#112Spandau BalletPosted 1/21/2013 11:53:01 AM
squatch22 posted...
Spandau Ballet posted...
ukokira1 posted...
Lordrv posted...
You know your system is screwed when a game called 'lego city' is considered the best thing to look forward to lol

Rayman Legends, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3...

All of which barely scraped a million sales. None of them are system sellers.

Im not surprised they didnt sell a million. They arent even out yet...

Lol, you know what I mean.
---
Hello, I'm a British person.
#113StopTheTediousPosted 1/21/2013 11:53:28 AM
Yahoo Nintendoomed? Nice.
#114guttertalkPosted 1/21/2013 11:56:50 AM
So, for comparison, here's a list of the Jan-March games for the 360, PS3, and Wii U after their respective releases. In terms of the number of games, there's really not much difference. In terms of quality, while the jury's out the games to release this year, there's not that much difference except for one major mutliplatform game--Oblivion. The PS3 and 360 had a lot of subpar and mediocre games in the same time frame.

Yet, how much did Oblivion sell either system? It seemed to sell well long after its release for a total of nearly million copies on the 360 and nearly 2 million on the PS3. And for the PS3, Oblivion released a year after it did on the 360 and PC.

This doesn't mean that the Wii U will succeed, but it doesn't show that it's in some worse state of releases than the 360 and PS3. It's a pretty comparable situation.

IMO, come May or June, we'll have a far better idea about the Wii U state of games.

==========
Jan
---------
Marble Blast Ultra

Feb
---------
Crystal Quest
Full Auto
Fight Night Round 3

March
---------
Jewel Quest
College Hoops 2K6
Burnout Revenge
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Feeding Frenzy
The Outfit
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
AstroPop
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Rumble Roses XX
Top Spin 2

PS3
==========
Jan
---------
Sonic the Hedgehog

Feb
---------
Virtua Fighter 5
Q*bert
flOw
Major League Baseball 2K7
Formula One Championship Edition

Mar
---------
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
MotorStorm
Def Jam: Icon
NBA Street Homecourt
College Hoops 2K7
The Godfather: The Don's Edition
Virtua Tennis 3
Armored Core 4
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

Wii U
==========
Jan
---------
The Cave

Feb
---------
Fist of the North Star
WE Sing: 80s
Rayman Legends

Mar
---------
Amazing SPider-Man Ultimate Edition
Kids Learn Pets and Vets
Lego City: Undercover
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Croods
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Young Justice: Legacy
Bit.Trip Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Aliens: COlonial Marines
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
#115MixorzPosted 1/21/2013 12:10:16 PM
If I bought a Wii U I'd be regretting my purchase. It's too bad Nintendo is completely out of touch with gamers. Wii U graded F in hardware, F in Support; and Nintendo gets in F all around as a company. Way to make your loyal fans regret supporting you.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#116steerepikePosted 1/21/2013 12:24:17 PM
Wait? Everybody thinks that "Lego City" looks stupid, now? Oh well, I guess thinking that it looks really fun makes me a baby.
---
It hurted me...
#117thisranksPosted 1/21/2013 12:46:02 PM
lt519 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...
They launched with virtually no games.

NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU... did they suddenly stop existing?

Those are not system sellers. NSMBU might be for Nintendo fans, but no one is going to buy the system for just NSMBU.

Nintendo Land is a sub-par game with only one or two decent highlights (Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion), it is far from a system seller.

ZombiU is just average. If you are going to launch with a niche Genre (survival horror) it needs to be of RE4 caliber to sell the system to people. Even dedicated survival horror fans won't buy the system just for ZombiU.

Face the facts. I love my Wii U and I fall into the first group for NSMBU and have played Mario Chase to death, but these aren't things that will make someone buy a system.

Sorry, but anytime i see the word niche used i think someone couldn't come up with a better excuse.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#118excitebike64Posted 1/21/2013 12:48:03 PM
oh nos, that yahoo article again.

plus, anyone posting they bought a wiiu and regretted it... no biggie, it was a sale as a whole.
#119johnluke728Posted 1/21/2013 12:48:47 PM
Vincent_Core posted...
http://news.yahoo.com/nintendo-wii-u-problems-turn-crisis-202924144.html

So Yahoo Games articles are reduced to opinionated garbage like this too? No wonder my little cousin was going on about the WiiU "failing", since he goes there for news.
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#120mjc0961Posted 1/21/2013 12:50:10 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
No matter how weak the Wii U sales are now, they are likely to get worse. The launch dates of key games seem to be slipping from March quarter to June quarter, including the important Pikmin, Wario and Wii Fit franchises. The Wii U now must depend on Rayman and Lego City in coming months.

[More from BGR: Paid apps are history]

I like how they say it must depend on Rayman and LEGO City like it's a bad thing. Oh no, Wii U must rely on what are sure to be two quality exclusive games based on the previous excellence of the two franchises to survive! HOW TERRIBLE! If only it was more like the PS Vita and had to depend on ports and mediocre titles to survive, it would be in much better shape!
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey