"Nintendoomed"- Yahoo

#51SerOnionKnightPosted 1/21/2013 7:56:26 AM
lt519 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...
They launched with virtually no games.

NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU... did they suddenly stop existing?

Those are not system sellers. NSMBU might be for Nintendo fans, but no one is going to buy the system for just NSMBU.

Nintendo Land is a sub-par game with only one or two decent highlights (Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion), it is far from a system seller.

ZombiU is just average. If you are going to launch with a niche Genre (survival horror) it needs to be of RE4 caliber to sell the system to people. Even dedicated survival horror fans won't buy the system just for ZombiU.

Face the facts. I love my Wii U and I fall into the first group for NSMBU and have played Mario Chase to death, but these aren't things that will make someone buy a system.

So you bought the Wii U and these game yet say none of these will make someone buy the system? Are you serious? You bought it! I can't believe the foolishness I read here everyday. Every single day.
#52guttertalkPosted 1/21/2013 7:58:22 AM
ChaoticOne327 posted...

The Wii U is in trouble if they don't get some of their first party titles out soon. They launched with a handful of original titles and some ports of games already out.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/185024/Breaking_down_Wii_Us_postlaunch_software_lull.php#.UP1lGG_Ae1U

Nearly twice the number of games that the 360 and PS3 launched with. And don't complain because several are multiplatforms and ports because those are common for any new console launch.
#53AnderjakPosted 1/21/2013 7:58:38 AM
SerOnionKnight posted...
lt519 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...

Those are not system sellers. NSMBU might be for Nintendo fans, but no one is going to buy the system for just NSMBU.

Nintendo Land is a sub-par game with only one or two decent highlights (Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion), it is far from a system seller.

ZombiU is just average. If you are going to launch with a niche Genre (survival horror) it needs to be of RE4 caliber to sell the system to people. Even dedicated survival horror fans won't buy the system just for ZombiU.

Face the facts. I love my Wii U and I fall into the first group for NSMBU and have played Mario Chase to death, but these aren't things that will make someone buy a system.

So you bought the Wii U and these game yet say none of these will make someone buy the system? Are you serious? You bought it! I can't believe the foolishness I read here everyday. Every single day.

I think the argument would be more solidified if he referred to himself as part of the installed base of informed buyers. The average consumer, the one who bases things solely off advertisements and MAYBE word of mouth, might not be moved by the titles someone who's done the research would bother with.
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
#54GGearXPosted 1/21/2013 8:01:30 AM
The issue with Wii U .... there is nothing new in it. It is basically just a tablet joystick add-on for the original Wii. The games are the same as 10 years ago. Mario this, Mario that and basically nothing else. And the price is ridiculous .... and you have to pay extra for the remotes needed to play as a family. An "extra remote" that is exactly the same as the original Wii.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#55SerOnionKnightPosted 1/21/2013 8:03:04 AM
Anderjak posted...
SerOnionKnight posted...
lt519 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...

I think the argument would be more solidified if he referred to himself as part of the installed base of informed buyers. The average consumer, the one who bases things solely off advertisements and MAYBE word of mouth, might not be moved by the titles someone who's done the research would bother with.

You are probably right, I am sure he just bought the console to fill space in his entertainment system rather than to play his games.
#56SerOnionKnightPosted 1/21/2013 8:07:31 AM(edited)
GGearX posted...
The issue with Wii U .... there is nothing new in it. It is basically just a tablet joystick add-on for the original Wii. The games are the same as 10 years ago. Mario this, Mario that and basically nothing else. And the price is ridiculous .... and you have to pay extra for the remotes needed to play as a family. An "extra remote" that is exactly the same as the original Wii.

You don't have one do you? Trying to explain the fun to someone who goes into something with pre-conceived notions of why they would not enjoy it is pointless. You would just never understand.
#57Phantom_NookPosted 1/21/2013 8:09:21 AM
As much as I hate Nintendo and wish this was true, this is the same site than ran an article saying the PS3 sucked because you needed to throw your controller away and buy a new one when the battery ran out, so I'm just gonna go ahead and not take it seriously.

Wait, seriously?
*laughs for 5 billion years*
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#58GGearXPosted 1/21/2013 8:10:26 AM
SerOnionKnight posted...
GGearX posted...

You don't have one do you? Trying to explain the fun to someone who goes into something with pre-conceived notions of why they would not enjoy it is pointless. You would just never understand.

I should've added quotes. Sorry my bad. It was one of the comments from Yahoo.
Don't hate me :(
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#59TerotrousPosted 1/21/2013 8:12:08 AM
I love how one slow sales weak predicts doom, even though it Wii U still didn't even sell worse than PS3.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#60trenkenPosted 1/21/2013 8:18:06 AM(edited)
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...

Not even close to good enough. They needed a big time AAA quality game. There is NONE on this system right now. Not that are exclusive anyway. That would be a serious problem for any new system.

Look at the N64. That thing launched with only 2 games, except one of them was at the time one of the most original games anyone had ever seen. There is nothing close to that on the U, so noone is buying it. Pretty easy to understand.

I bought one since I had the money to waste, but Im well aware the game lineup is horrid. Lots of ports of old games, a few exclusives that arent anything special. Not much coming out over the next 8 months. Monster Hunter and Pikmin, and I dont view either as being any sort of a system seller killer app.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero