"Nintendoomed"- Yahoo

#81tuznecotePosted 1/21/2013 10:25:43 AM
Bluelynx87 posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...
They launched with virtually no games.

The Wii U is in trouble if they don't get some of their first party titles out soon. They launched with a handful of original titles and some ports of games already out.

and yes I know that most systems don't launch with a huge library I think if they were hands down trying to reclaim home system dominance and take out 360 and PS4 they needed to launch with a few more stellar titles.

Around 10+ games= no games maybe you should go back to school and leran math again

Ok. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he is actually meaning "GOOD ORIGINAL WIIU TITLES". The games are older titles with added bells and whistles and to add insult to injury bloody run worse than the originals.

These games are not going to sell a system. No one is dumb enough to buy a WiiU for 300Pounddollars to play Batman Arkhum Asylum: Now with bat-arrang Edition. Lets be real. WiiU needs proper original titles that don't look like anything else every other system has and please don't bring up bloody Nintendoland.
#82lt519Posted 1/21/2013 10:39:12 AM(edited)
SerOnionKnight posted...
Anderjak posted...
SerOnionKnight posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...

NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU... did they suddenly stop existing?

So you bought the Wii U and these game yet say none of these will make someone buy the system? Are you serious? You bought it! I can't believe the foolishness I read here everyday. Every single day.

I think the argument would be more solidified if he referred to himself as part of the installed base of informed buyers. The average consumer, the one who bases things solely off advertisements and MAYBE word of mouth, might not be moved by the titles someone who's done the research would bother with.

You are probably right, I am sure he just bought the console to fill space in his entertainment system rather than to play his games.

You're being silly. I said I bought it for NSMBU which not many people are willing to do due to the principle of buying a system for one game or for financial reasons. I have no problem buying a system for one game. I fall into that category. If it didn't have NSMBU I wouldn't have bought it because right now everything else for it is average games or ports I could play on my PC for much much cheaper. The point stands that Nintendo Land and ZombiU aren't good enough games to buy a system for and that is where the current bad sales are coming from.

Edit: I bought ZombiU because it was supposed to be the showcase game, and I was personally disappointed in it. I would never have bought the Wii U to just play Nintendo Land or ZombiU, combined they aren't even enough to buy a Wii U. NSMBU though, beast.
#83Sailor GoonPosted 1/21/2013 10:38:55 AM
GoombaX posted...
lol, coming from the same people who said everytime your ps3 controllers battery dies you will need to by a new one

I know reading is a difficult task for you, but perhaps if you'd actually looked at the article you'd see it was reposted from another site.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#84NiftyManZPosted 1/21/2013 10:41:06 AM
http://bgr.com/tag/wii-u/

Wow, talk about negative articles for the system that these people wrote. Then again, negative news is what sells... No matter how you twist it.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#85AsellusPosted 1/21/2013 10:43:04 AM
The criticism was that the Wii U had no games, which is false. No one claimed that multiplats are a strength of the Wii U. But it has them, just as other consoles have had.

Let's say rather than having no games it has no interesting games - there's nothing that really serves as a face for the system, no title you can whip out to awe your 360 / ps3 owning friends. Nothing that proclaims "The Next Generation is here! You know you must have it! Go rush out and buy it!"

It's not unusual for a console to have a somewhat lack luster lineup on release but even still they at least stood out from the previous generation's titles as things that could not have been done on the older hardware. I've heard people argue "It's big step up from the Wii!" but yeah... I don't think that's going to cut it.

Now, if you want to complain about a lull in game releases, that's somewhat more understandable, but as the article I linked shows, the Wii U launch games came out more up front rather than spread out, so it's a matter of perception. IMO, I think it's important to have a steady stream to keep the interest up.

If you remove the multiplats though the lineup looks pretty spartan. And if multiplats are your thing you're better off owning a 360, ps3, or gaming pc as the Wii U is getting the miss on practically everything out on the horizon at the moment.
#86FuNsH1nEPosted 1/21/2013 10:44:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzyz2TgGls
#87lt519Posted 1/21/2013 10:45:29 AM
trenken posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...

Not even close to good enough. They needed a big time AAA quality game. There is NONE on this system right now. Not that are exclusive anyway. That would be a serious problem for any new system.

Look at the N64. That thing launched with only 2 games, except one of them was at the time one of the most original games anyone had ever seen. There is nothing close to that on the U, so noone is buying it. Pretty easy to understand.

I bought one since I had the money to waste, but Im well aware the game lineup is horrid. Lots of ports of old games, a few exclusives that arent anything special. Not much coming out over the next 8 months. Monster Hunter and Pikmin, and I dont view either as being any sort of a system seller killer app.

At least someone reasonable agrees with me. Quantity of games doesn't make up for a lack of quality. NSMBU kicks butt, however everything else is forgettable or a port. Sadly NSMBU isn't groundbreaking enough to be a solid system seller, so only the Mario faithful are going to buy a system for that. It isn't Mario 64.
#88Sailor GoonPosted 1/21/2013 10:49:42 AM
I love how the Nintendo fanboys screamed for a year on how other systems had no games because it had a few ports. Now that the Wii U has next to nothing but ports, they damage control by saying how many games the Wii U has, including ports
Face it, the system has next to no good original games. It's flooded with last gen ports which you can get on a cheaper system. It's already getting the Wii curse of shovelware. I still love my Wii U, and enjoy the original games I have for it (ie. Mario, ZombiU) but its selection is sparce. Sparcer than Vita. Sales for the system are tanking, its worrying me...its worrying other people, its worrying the media, and its worrying devs. But Nintendo fanboys have blinders on and ignore everything. Unless Nintendo pulls out some heavy hitters, the system is on its way to tanking
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#89MasterLink2012Posted 1/21/2013 10:50:29 AM
lt519 posted...
trenken posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ChaoticOne327 posted...

Not even close to good enough. They needed a big time AAA quality game. There is NONE on this system right now. Not that are exclusive anyway. That would be a serious problem for any new system.

Look at the N64. That thing launched with only 2 games, except one of them was at the time one of the most original games anyone had ever seen. There is nothing close to that on the U, so noone is buying it. Pretty easy to understand.

I bought one since I had the money to waste, but Im well aware the game lineup is horrid. Lots of ports of old games, a few exclusives that arent anything special. Not much coming out over the next 8 months. Monster Hunter and Pikmin, and I dont view either as being any sort of a system seller killer app.

At least someone reasonable agrees with me. Quantity of games doesn't make up for a lack of quality. NSMBU kicks butt, however everything else is forgettable or a port. Sadly NSMBU isn't groundbreaking enough to be a solid system seller, so only the Mario faithful are going to buy a system for that. It isn't Mario 64.

As if Mario 64 was that great..
But I love the WiiU and I think we will see many en beautiful games in the future.
For now, though, most people will keep on complaining about the system.. Which is sad. Either enjoy it or ignore it; constantly bashing it is just useless..
#90MasterLink2012Posted 1/21/2013 10:53:01 AM
Nolax posted...
XWolfO posted...
Yahoo

Not worth my time.

Neither is the WiiU.

Neither is the PS3.