"Nintendoomed"- Yahoo

#91lt519Posted 1/21/2013 10:55:17 AM
MasterLink2012 posted...

As if Mario 64 was that great..
But I love the WiiU and I think we will see many en beautiful games in the future.
For now, though, most people will keep on complaining about the system.. Which is sad. Either enjoy it or ignore it; constantly bashing it is just useless..

I think Mario 64 was fantastic (hasn't aged well) but playing that when the N64 came out, I was amazed.

I agree with everything else, there are great games on the horizon and the system isn't doomed. But there is a reason for the slow sales post launch, and that is the poor availability of AAA games (nothing new to a launch). But people that think the launch games are great and should cause systems to fly off the shelves are delusional.
#92pixel378Posted 1/21/2013 11:02:11 AM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
Lordrv posted...
You know your system is screwed when a game called 'lego city' is considered the best thing to look forward to lol

Truth.

Yup. Nobody is seriously looking at this game that doesn't already own a Wii U and saying "Hell yeah". It looks like a sure step up from junk that is the other lego games, but can't be more than "Good".

Honestly the game that can help the Wii U is Smash and it will release too late to save it. Sony has been quiet as has all its 1st party dev's. They are all making launch or close to launch titles. Ninty has until late 2013 to grow a decent fanbase.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#93BroadwayGPUPosted 1/21/2013 11:02:20 AM
Is that the Toros in the atmosphere?

Cause it's getting cOLD.
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#94b1gt0nePosted 1/21/2013 11:03:32 AM
GoombaX posted...
lol, coming from the same people who said everytime your ps3 controllers battery dies you will need to by a new one

O_o

r u serious??
#95squatch22Posted 1/21/2013 11:10:19 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
GoombaX posted...
lol, coming from the same people who said everytime your ps3 controllers battery dies you will need to by a new one

O_o

r u serious??

http://www.destructoid.com/fail-yahoo-doesn-t-know-ps3-controllers-can-be-recharged-157249.phtml
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#96DrumguyPosted 1/21/2013 11:11:41 AM
Uh oh. Yahoo picked up the story. That means Nintendo is in SERIOUS trouble now!!!.....
#97MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/21/2013 11:15:13 AM
IAmMC2 posted...
Red_hot_smasher posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
lol yahoo

This. IIRC Yahoo aren't exactly printing money right now.

You don't have to be rich to criticize Nintendo. Otherwise none of us would be entitled to do so.

Actually, most people who have internet access in their own homes ARE rich by global standards.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#98TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 11:18:59 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
IAmMC2 posted...
Red_hot_smasher posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
lol yahoo

This. IIRC Yahoo aren't exactly printing money right now.

You don't have to be rich to criticize Nintendo. Otherwise none of us would be entitled to do so.

Actually, most people who have internet access in their own homes ARE rich by global standards.

People who don't have the Internet don't have floors either.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#99RyuuHou25Posted 1/21/2013 11:38:35 AM
FreedomOfTought posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Annnnnd this is precisely why the casual gamer crowd should not be catered to forever, and why going mobile/IOS games only will eventually spell the end for a development company.

The game industry cannot be supported and run by people who don't give two damns about games in the first place and only see them as something to play on the bus, or for an hour or two a week. Those types of people aren't going to be spending any major amount of money on games, simply because they won't see any need.

problem is those peple outnumber gamers by 100 to 1.
and if a hundred people spend even only 50 bucks a year for games,u gotta spill five grand to get even,now maybe you do,i don't know,but i know i don't,cause i can't.And like me many others i'm sure just cannot afford to spend the amount of money needed to make the niche gamer's market equivalent to the casual mass market,which makes(sadly,some would say)Nintendo(or anyone else)'s decision to keep catering to that audience economically wise.

Yes, I know that, but it's not stable and they should have seen this coming and SHOULD see this coming from the mobile market as well. Yeah, it's all well and great not, but it's not long term sustainability and Wii U and its sales are proving that right now. Have you noticed that hardware sales drop a lot per month compared to the year before? It's not just because of digital economy, but also because you have too much catered towards the casuals, and they don't buy often.

Sadly, I see it getting worse before it gets better. If it ever does.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#100DemonicChaosXXPosted 1/21/2013 11:39:55 AM
Who listens to yahoo?
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84