Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii U Upscaling questions.

#1JimdbPosted 1/21/2013 8:40:25 AM
does it look better on Wii U? Really noticeable? Or does the scaling mess up the image and ruins the experience?

Anyone has a comparison?
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#2GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/21/2013 8:49:28 AM
Jimdb posted...
does it look better on Wii U? Really noticeable? Or does the scaling mess up the image and ruins the experience?

Anyone has a comparison?

Theres tons of Wii and Wii U side by side comparison videos out there

There's literally no difference. Really the only way to get a better picture from Wii games is to use component cables, and primarily the biggest factor is how good your particular TVs upscaler is.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#3Petey_MeanisPosted 1/21/2013 8:56:08 AM
From: GAMER_X_REVIVAL | Posted: 1/21/2013 10:49:28 AM | #002
the only way to get a better picture from Wii games is to use component cables

LOL, hdmi is better
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#4Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 9:03:11 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Jimdb posted...

Anyone has a comparison?

Theres tons of Wii and Wii U side by side comparison videos out there

There's literally no difference. Really the only way to get a better picture from Wii games is to use component cables, and primarily the biggest factor is how good your particular TVs upscaler is.

I've been looking at videos with the game already upscaled, but I have not found any comparison of xenoblade explicitly.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#5PrinceOfHotPosted 1/21/2013 9:06:21 AM
HDMI is infinitely superior to component. copper wires vs digital wires? Seriously? Copper wire with component is split inputs from tech from the 1980s. Just think about that. Every Wii game looks much better on Wii U, the upscaling to 1080p is noticable in most games, it however does not affect the native resolution of the game. It would be cool if they released "upgrades" for Wii games to repack everything with awesome graphics, ALA pc.
#6GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/21/2013 9:07:57 AM
Petey_Meanis posted...

LOL, hdmi is better

Well yeah. I was referring to the Wii, which only can go as high as component.

The TC is asking about if Xenoblade would look better on a Wii U (implying he might buy a Wii U at some point depending on the answer)

That's how I answered it, anyway. Learn to reading comprehension.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#7GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/21/2013 9:10:02 AM
PrinceOfHot posted...
HDMI is infinitely superior to component. copper wires vs digital wires? Seriously? Copper wire with component is split inputs from tech from the 1980s. Just think about that. Every Wii game looks much better on Wii U, the upscaling to 1080p is noticable in most games, it however does not affect the native resolution of the game. It would be cool if they released "upgrades" for Wii games to repack everything with awesome graphics, ALA pc.

Thats a flat out falsehood, its completely in your mind.

There's tons of side by side videos showing games running on an actual Wii with component, and also on Wii U with hdmi with it set to 1080p output.

The games look identical. Don't spread disinformation.
---
Guardian Gamer X
#8Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 9:11:10 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...

LOL, hdmi is better

Well yeah. I was referring to the Wii, which only can go as high as component.

The TC is asking about if Xenoblade would look better on a Wii U (implying he might buy a Wii U at some point depending on the answer)

That's how I answered it, anyway. Learn to reading comprehension.

I actually HAVE a Wii U, what I was thinking about is if I should get the game to play it on my wii u or if I should play it on my wii.
---
-Nick_GF
#9Aaron44126Posted 1/21/2013 9:26:35 AM
> HDMI is infinitely superior to component. copper wires vs digital wires? Seriously?

Lol. What mysterious substance are these "digital wires" made of? (Hint: It's copper.)
#10PendragoonPosted 1/21/2013 9:38:28 AM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64671629

I did this back around launch. I was testing the Wii BC mode. No pictures but I did notice some interesting things.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709