So after hearing all this "underpowered" crap...

#1ColorfulColorsPosted 1/21/2013 11:34:25 AM
How powerful DID you want it to be?
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#2LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/21/2013 11:37:40 AM
I couldn't care less. I just want more Zelda.
---
Currently playing - Xillia 2, KH 3D, Persona 3
#3ADHDguitarPosted 1/21/2013 11:38:26 AM(edited)
A little more powerful. Something a little more standard, even if they just used off-the-shelf PC parts.

4 GB RAM would have been good too.

But hell man, like, Zelda and stuff.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4CaptainMoosePosted 1/21/2013 11:38:52 AM
I'm happy with where its at. More powers better, but not when it's got a ridiculous price (ie ps3 when it first came out).
#5TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 11:42:31 AM
Powerful enough it doesn't take forever to load menu screens
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#6DaLaggaPosted 1/21/2013 11:43:56 AM
It needs to be powerful enough to handle next gen games, but if the leaked specs of the Durango and Orbis are to be believed, it can't. Hell, it can't even handle most current gen ports as well as the x360 can and, considering the specs, no amount of optimization is going to result in games significantly more impressive than what's already on the x360/PS3. The fact is, the Wii U seems like it was designed to compete in 2005 and because of that it likely won't be able to handle PS4/x720 games.

Here's a recent leak on Durango specs:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509269

If those are even close to accurate, the Wii U will likely be just as far behind next gen consoles as the Wii was behind the x360/PS3.
#7ADHDguitarPosted 1/21/2013 11:46:34 AM
DaLagga posted...
It needs to be powerful enough to handle next gen games, but if the leaked specs of the Durango and Orbis are to be believed, it can't. Hell, it can't even handle most current gen ports as well as the x360 can and, considering the specs, no amount of optimization is going to result in games significantly more impressive than what's already on the x360/PS3. The fact is, the Wii U seems like it was designed to compete in 2005 and because of that it likely won't be able to handle PS4/x720 games.

Here's a recent leak on Durango specs:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509269

If those are even close to accurate, the Wii U will likely be just as far behind next gen consoles as the Wii was behind the x360/PS3.

I honestly doubt it will be that powerful.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#8IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 11:48:22 AM
The Durango and Orbis leaked specs are veeeeery likely and cheap as well, yet still good enough to have a lead over the Wii U.

Nintendo simply sunk too much of the console cost into the Upad.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9STE573Posted 1/21/2013 11:49:01 AM
I don't think I can realistically say I wanted a powerhouse, I mean it's Nintendo, they have a way of squeezing hardware in a strange way to get some brilliant results, case and point Mario Galaxy.

Faster RAM for the OS might have been nicer though, the stopping and starting in the menu is annoying.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#10DaLaggaPosted 1/21/2013 11:50:41 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
I honestly doubt it will be that powerful.

Digital Foundry reported on similar specs for the Orbis a few days ago. In all probability, these specs are accurate. For a 2013 console, they aren't even really all that powerful. But seeing as how this console generation has gone on 8 years, even those specs would result in a standard generational leap. In other words, Nintendo is going to be a full generation behind, yet again.