Questions about the Wii U

#1CalibuhrrPosted 1/21/2013 2:05:52 PM
I might sell my Gamecube collection to get a Wii U soon. Got a few questions though...

1) What's the deal with the Virtual Console, is it even out yet or what? Can you play classics on your Wii U? What if I already bought some on my Wii, could I transfer them? Also I heard it might have Gamecube games too but idk

2) Do Wii games look better on the Wii U? Using HDMI and everything.

3) What are it's best games? I'm getting Nintendo Land, and New Super Mario Bros Wii U, what else is good? ZombiU looks alright, I didn't really like Rayman, I played it at Gamestop

4) How is the online? Is it still stupid friend codes like the Wii?
#2myusernameislamePosted 1/21/2013 2:14:39 PM
1) Right now you can only play VC in Wii mode, which is essentially just a virtual Wii machine. Almost everything on your Wii can transfer. Wii U is allegedly getting its own VC that'll include GC games but there's really nothing specific announced yet.

2.) Haven't tried it yet, but I believe so.

3.) For exclusives you could probably just stick with Nintendo Land and NSMBU until more is announced. Zombi U is pretty love it or hate it. If there's any multiplays you don't have but are interested in the Wii U versions might be worth looking into.

4.) You get to pick an actual username instead of friend codes, but I believe they're still kind of handled like friend codes.
---
If you refuse to take your sig from someone else, put this in your sig.
#33D_ShadoPosted 1/21/2013 2:17:36 PM
Calibuhrr posted...
I might sell my Gamecube collection to get a Wii U soon. Got a few questions though...

1) What's the deal with the Virtual Console, is it even out yet or what? Can you play classics on your Wii U? What if I already bought some on my Wii, could I transfer them? Also I heard it might have Gamecube games too but idk

3) What are it's best games? I'm getting Nintendo Land, and New Super Mario Bros Wii U, what else is good? ZombiU looks alright, I didn't really like Rayman, I played it at Gamestop

1) You can play NES SNES and N64. No GameCube games for the forseeable future, no transferring.

2) If anything they look worse from upscaling.

3) N/A

4) It's better, but still bad.
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 1/21/2013 2:36:59 PM
Calibuhrr posted...

1. the only virtual console is the one that is on the original wii. if you're hoping to digitally re-buy your gc games, you're outta luck for probably at least the next 2 years.

2. depends, some are better, some are worse.

3. only got nsmbu and nl so i can't comment.

4. it has accounts, except they're tied to your system. in other words, they're friend codes with letters instead of just numbers.
#5Calibuhrr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:46:10 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Calibuhrr posted...

1. the only virtual console is the one that is on the original wii. if you're hoping to digitally re-buy your gc games, you're outta luck for probably at least the next 2 years.

2. depends, some are better, some are worse.

3. only got nsmbu and nl so i can't comment.

4. it has accounts, except they're tied to your system. in other words, they're friend codes with letters instead of just numbers.

Do you know how Brawl looks upscaled by any chance?
#6trenkenPosted 1/21/2013 2:47:39 PM
"Also I heard it might have Gamecube games too but idk"

Rumor. Never confirmed by Nintendo and they havent said a thing about it. Only thing ever mentioned by them is Reggie was asked about it in an interview, and all he said was he thought it would be cool. Didnt sound like they were even working on it.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7MoegittoPosted 1/21/2013 2:54:36 PM
Calibuhrr posted...

1:) The Wii U has a Wii app where you can play Wii games and all VC games that can be played on the Wii. Also be aware that you have to use Wii points to buy things on the VC, and not the actual 3DS/Wii U card points.

2:) People say they do but they really don't. Everybody from Nintendo to developers say there is no up-scaling feature. And last story and the conduit look the same to me as on the Wii.

3:) You're getting some of the best games. I didn't like Zombi U too much, but I love Scribblenauts Unlimited. Darksiders 2 if you haven't played it yet is also one of the best. AC3 is good too.

4:) They don't use friend codes on the Wii U, they use a almost as frustrating system. In order to add a friend you have to send a friend invite AND receive one. You can go on the Mii-verse and find that person to cut those steps, but you have to know EXACTLY who you are looking for. The Wii U uses a ID for your account and this is you name/nickname/troll name.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#8hrodwulfPosted 1/21/2013 2:58:47 PM
3) I have Nintendo Land, Mario, ZombiU, Darksiders 2 and Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. Nintendo Land might be better if you plan on playing it with friends. I liked ZombiU a lot. I 100% Mario U alone a while ago, and I'm on and off playing it with some friends. Sonic Racing is cool and has quite a lot of stuff to beat and unlock. Darksiders 2, as most other multipatform games, are cool if you still haven't played them.

4) There's a slight quirk regarding online, but basically you don't have to worry about friend codes anymore, just exchange Nintendo Nerwork IDs (basically your nickname / gamertag ) with your friends, or send a friend request trough Miiverse and you're set!
Speaking of Miiverse, it's a great online community. Also the Internet Browser is awesome!