Target Masive Price Drop for Wii U Deluxe!

#161LordrvPosted 1/21/2013 11:13:16 PM
With the current software library, I wouldn't buy one for $99.99 lol
#162senelcoolidge_Posted 1/21/2013 11:16:11 PM
Lordrv posted...

Teehee ^^
#163MotiJrPosted 1/22/2013 12:17:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#164nedrithPosted 1/22/2013 12:52:55 AM
MotiJr posted...
Lordrv posted...

I don't blame you. If I did my shopping by clipping coupons and using the money I get from welfare, I would skip our on the Wii U too.

Yes because everyone is willing to buy a console for a couple of games that they might enjoy. Also everyone who works is rich. some people have a lot of bills and such. When I was young both my parents worked and getting me a PS2 at launch wasn't exactly easy for them. My father made over $20 a hour and worked overtime quite a bit also.

There is a reason why consoles end up seeing more sales later into their lifetime after the initial launch rush. Consoles go up in value with every game released for them.

For the record I was one of those willing to buy a console at launch with a couple of games, what can I say I like new electronics.
#165DarthFloatyPosted 1/22/2013 1:04:50 AM
nedrith posted...
MotiJr posted...
Lordrv posted...

I don't blame you. If I did my shopping by clipping coupons and using the money I get from welfare, I would skip our on the Wii U too.

Yes because everyone is willing to buy a console for a couple of games that they might enjoy. Also everyone who works is rich. some people have a lot of bills and such. When I was young both my parents worked and getting me a PS2 at launch wasn't exactly easy for them. My father made over $20 a hour and worked overtime quite a bit also.

There is a reason why consoles end up seeing more sales later into their lifetime after the initial launch rush. Consoles go up in value with every game released for them.

For the record I was one of those willing to buy a console at launch with a couple of games, what can I say I like new electronics.

+1

I agree with the above: not everyone has an equal amount of opportunity compared to costs.
#166Helmsly2008Posted 1/22/2013 2:16:08 AM(edited)
DaMan1900 posted...
any type of sale or price cut is a cause for concern. No store will lower the price on an item that is selling at a steady pace, unless it is from the manufacturer.

and this is the most important point here. a sale like this would not be happening soon after launch if the Wii U was selling well.

Just like here i the UK, Zavvi had two large sales on the Wii U this year already. People said its to be expected and anyone reading into it was a troll but...Zavvi had knocked 70 off the rrp. If the Wii U was selling well they wouldn't be dong a deal like that.
#167WithYouForYouPosted 1/22/2013 2:18:23 AM
Helmsly2008 posted...
DaMan1900 posted...
any type of sale or price cut is a cause for concern. No store will lower the price on an item that is selling at a steady pace, unless it is from the manufacturer.

and this is the most important point here. a sale like this would not be happening soon after launch if the Wii U was selling well.

Just like here i the UK, Zavvi had two large sales on the Wii U this year already. People said its to be expected and anyone reading into it was a troll but...Zavvi had knocked 70 off the rrp. If the Wii U was selling well they wouldn't be dong a deal like that.

Nintendo never does well in the UK AND Sony / Microsoft won't fare any better. The majority of people quite honestly can't spare the huge investments for the birth of a new console. People are delusional if they think any console will sell 20 million in 3 months when it comes out. Hint: It won't.

The Wii U is doing very good given the circumstances. I suspect the next xbox will, but I worry about Sony due to what they're trying to do and have done (ie: vita).
#168Helmsly2008Posted 1/22/2013 2:32:49 AM(edited)
WithYouForYou posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
DaMan1900 posted...

Nintendo never does well in the UK AND Sony / Microsoft won't fare any better. The majority of people quite honestly can't spare the huge investments for the birth of a new console. People are delusional if they think any console will sell 20 million in 3 months when it comes out. Hint: It won't.

The Wii U is doing very good given the circumstances. I suspect the next xbox will, but I worry about Sony due to what they're trying to do and have done (ie: vita).

See: I was never expecting the Wii U to have Wii like sales numbers when it came out last year (in the UK), but clearly something is wrong when none of the Wii U's games are even entering the chart and online retailers are taking a third of the rrp for the console already.

The Wii and DS both did very well here in their life time, so I'm not sure what you mean by saying Nintendo enver do well. Also, 3DS games seem to be in the top 40 chart , unlike Wii U games which have not charted a single week this year so far.
#169Rasputin77Posted 1/22/2013 5:51:15 AM
LOL, dunny didn't even have to post the thread to get the anklebiters to jump... just the second post. Hilarious.

(sing...) **We damage control the trolls all day, then poop our pants because they won't go away!**

Guess why they don't go away? Because they KNOW you're going to dama--

-- you know what? If you're too dumb to catch on by this point, you deserve to be baited. Have fun repeating the cycle, and my condolences to your parents. ;)
---
Wii U board rule: If the topic title has ANY adjective with a negative implication... it's time to pee pants.
http://alturl.com/hc9un
#170SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/22/2013 8:51:07 AM
Helmsly2008 posted...
DaMan1900 posted...

Maybe but still the Wii U isn't the first to get a sale in the UK after launch others have gotten one much sooner.

Also retailers set the UK price not Nintendo.