Target Masive Price Drop for Wii U Deluxe!

#31Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 1:40:23 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I believe this is what some people refer to as 'testing the water'. Why cut the price by $40 to get it off the shelves when people will finally buy it for only $20 off?

The point is this isn't a price drop, it's a sale and Target isn't desperate to rid the system. In fact doing a sale might increase possible purchases as people would see a sale and buy the console and guess what? They would have to order more.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#32TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 1:40:45 PM
Buretsu posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Going to have to drop it more than that to get any significant movement from the shelves. Nintendo dropped the 3DS $80 before it took off.

3DS took off, the price cut just caused it to skyrocket.

Stop arguing semantics with people. It reeks of desperation.

And no, sales were in a lull and stagnated. Nintendo shamed themselves by overcharging for the 3DS. We thanked them for the apology with Ambassador and forgave them.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#33SteamedRicePosted 1/21/2013 1:40:51 PM
When I worked in electronic component sales at frys electronics (min wage + commission) we can log into our systems and see items by the sku and how much profit the items got. (since we have to research what gives us good numbers and commission by the items to push to customers)

Anyways years into PS3/360, the consoles were negative items and gave us bad numbers if we sold without software so they never went on sale, instead software went on sale to get people to buy them. (The Wii came out even at 199.99, just neutral)

I don't work there anymore to look at the Wii U console to see if it is a negative but it's funny that you see Wii U sales this early in. They are either promotions from the company giving credit for selling the product at reduced price or they need to get rid of excess inventory or it's black friday.
#34DTY3Posted 1/21/2013 1:40:55 PM
This is good for me though (if I get one now).
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#35IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 1:45:19 PM
SteamedRice posted...
They are either promotions from the company giving credit for selling the product at reduced price or they need to get rid of excess inventory or it's black friday.

Yeah, most likely just clearing excess inventory, if it was a promo they would probably have some sort of special game promo too, or they would be giving a free gift card with console sale.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#36SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/21/2013 1:45:30 PM
Jackal posted...
Maybe they read that Yahoo article? :)

Could be. I know there are plenty of analyst with pull that aren't trying to convince everyone Nintendo is doomed. If they can turn everyone against it maybe it'll happen this time
#37Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 1:46:40 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Yeah, most likely just clearing excess inventory, if it was a promo they would probably have some sort of special game promo too, or they would be giving a free gift card with console sale.

Considering the Deluxe it already comes with a game. Though do we even know if this is all retail Targets or just one store?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#38DiscostewSMPosted 1/21/2013 1:48:57 PM
It's like nobody has seen a sale before in their entire life.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#39TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 1:49:03 PM
It's never a good sign when major retailers can't move a system that's just launched for the manufacturers suggested retail price.

I'd say the word on the street is that people are genuinely unimpressed with it missing so many features that are standard on other machines.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#40Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 1:50:23 PM
TheBonfini posted...
It's never a good sign when major retailers can't move a system that's just launched for the manufacturers suggested retail price.

I'd say the word on the street is that people are genuinely unimpressed with it missing so many features that are standard on other machines.

Need proof of this. Also aren't we in the slowest gaming month anyhow? And again is this just on Target or is there a sale for all stores?
---