Target Masive Price Drop for Wii U Deluxe!

#51AhnoldDoodPosted 1/21/2013 2:57:57 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Which lends further credence to my theory that they are trying to clear stock as any promos would be all store wide.

I know you think you sound like you have any sort of credibility, but in reality, everything you say is, well, stupid.
#52Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 2:58:35 PM
Which lends further credence to my theory that they are trying to clear stock as any promos would be all store wide.

Then at best it could be a few stores since shipping certain products in certain areas are kinda odd in that some items are overstocked and others are understocked.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#53MichaeIPachterPosted 1/21/2013 2:59:07 PM
I was right.
---
It's a profit deal.
#54Zohar_MetatronPosted 1/21/2013 3:00:20 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Yeah, I don't remember seeing price cuts this soon on a console before.

You want us to really believe that no console ever had a freaking SALE?

He was referring to the speed.

With that said, speaking as someone who spent entirely too long working with retail and dealing with sales like this, you'd have to be absolutely insane to assume this was any indication of trouble.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
#55TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 3:00:43 PM
People are SPECULATING. There is no proof as to why Target dropped the price. It could be any number of reasons. The most likely being that the system isn't selling well enough.

There has never been a sale of any successful system from any major retail in the history of gaming this early after launch. It hasn't happened. No evidence of this ever happening exists.

I'm willing to entertain some positive speculation, though.

Perhaps the sales data of the nosedive in sales isn't enough market research to justify a sale. Perhaps the manager at Target is a big Nintendo man and he is doing the sale to spread word to the rest of his perceived Mushroom Kingdom.

This also is entirely plausible. It's all speculation at this point.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#56Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 3:02:14 PM
TheBonfini posted...
People are SPECULATING. There is no proof as to why Target dropped the price. It could be any number of reasons. The most likely being that the system isn't selling well enough.

There has never been a sale of any successful system from any major retail in the history of gaming this early after launch. It hasn't happened. No evidence of this ever happening exists.

Perhaps the sales data of the nosedive in sales isn't enough market research to justify a sale. Perhaps the manager at Target is a big Nintendo man and he is doing the sale to spread word to the rest of his perceived Mushroom Kingdom.

Yes but again this is a SALE not a price drop. Big damn difference.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#57AhnoldDoodPosted 1/21/2013 3:03:57 PM(edited)
TheBonfini posted...
People are SPECULATING.

And your speculation is idiotic since its taking one little thing and blowing it OUT OF PROPORTION. How in the hell can you get "price drop" from a small, temporary sale from ONE TYPE OF STORE? Please, learn what "speculation" means. I've read Time Lord theories that made more sense than what you write.

Oh? So you went and checked every store in America, Europe, Japan, Asia, etc. during, lets say, the PS2 launch window?
#58youngskillzPosted 1/21/2013 3:03:22 PM
i fail to see the point of this 20 bucks off sale ? lol.

also lol @ massive price drop.

yeah it's only 250 now....lol.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.
#59BuretsuPosted 1/21/2013 3:04:02 PM
TheBonfini posted...
No evidence of this ever happening exists.

Goes to show the sheer dedication of the "NintenDOOOOOMED~" crowd.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#60IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 3:04:27 PM
TheBonfini posted...

Yep, though the other speculation you offered is a bit less than believable, lol. But I'm sure the local fanboys will believe it over the more likely options.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10