Target Masive Price Drop for Wii U Deluxe!

#61SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/21/2013 3:04:50 PM
Most likely it is overstock at Target

I suppose they hope you will use your "massive" $20 savings in their store.

MASSIVE!!
#62PendragoonPosted 1/21/2013 3:05:35 PM
A $20 temporary cut during the slowest selling period of the year... Yep the Wii U is doomed. This wasn't even advertised in the paper Sunday.

I'll panic when it gets Vita level price drops. I passed on a $120 3g Vita 5 months ago.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#63IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 3:06:12 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Most likely it is overstock at Target

I suppose they hope you will use your "massive" $20 savings in their store.

MASSIVE!!

Usually when it is a promo they include a gift card instead of an actual sale because of this reason.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#64Reflex-ArcPosted 1/21/2013 3:08:34 PM
Target is probably using it as a loss leader due to the fact that the supply is readily available enough to do so.

---

A loss leader, or simply a leader, is a product sold at a low price, at or below its market cost to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services. Using a loss leader, often a very popular good or service, is a type of sales promotion—a marketing strategy that focuses on pricing strategy. Sometimes "leader" is used as a related term and can mean any popular article, i.e., one sold at a normal price.

---

This is an awesome deal for someone who would like to buy a Wii U. Nothing more, nothing less. It's certainly not the harbinger on Nintendo's demise.
#65rockyminPosted 1/21/2013 3:08:53 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
A $20 temporary cut during the slowest selling period of the year... Yep the Wii U is doomed. This wasn't even advertised in the paper Sunday.

I'll panic when it gets Vita level price drops. I passed on a $120 3g Vita 5 months ago.

Yeah, I remember when there was a sale on the Wii the month after its first Christmas..oh wait!!
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#66AhnoldDoodPosted 1/21/2013 3:09:54 PM
rockymin posted...
Yeah, I remember when there was a sale on the Wii the month after its first Christmas..oh wait!!

Because, as we all know, you have connections to every single store in your entire region, right?
#67BuretsuPosted 1/21/2013 3:11:59 PM
rockymin posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

Why would anyone remember that, if it happened or not?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#68LemonKweenstaaaPosted 1/21/2013 3:12:29 PM
Lol @ the topic title: "massive price drop"
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#69IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/21/2013 3:12:44 PM
If people think there were sales this soon after the launch of other consoles: show it. Otherwise stop lying.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#70Moohaha2Posted 1/21/2013 3:13:31 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
If people think there were sales this soon after the launch of other consoles: show it. Otherwise stop lying.

Guilty until proven innocent. Ouch!