The Wii U should have an RTS game

#1GoombaXPosted 1/21/2013 4:55:54 PM
the game pad would be perfect for it.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#2TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 4:59:06 PM
Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre would be good too. Still think a keyboard mouse is best for RTS
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#3BuretsuPosted 1/21/2013 4:59:48 PM
RTS games don't work on consoles. I think it's partly because of the nature of the gameplay, it's single-player and it's turn-based.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 5:00:33 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre would be good too. Still think a keyboard mouse is best for RTS

im sure sumtin like C&C would be pretty cool on the U
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#5tuznecotePosted 1/21/2013 5:00:41 PM
It should lots of things and alot of choice...

*cough*
The "so called" trolls can finish the rest.
#6TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 5:05:55 PM
Buretsu posted...
RTS games don't work on consoles. I think it's partly because of the nature of the gameplay, it's single-player and it's turn-based.

Maybe just misreading you, but you mean Tactics Ogre is single player and turn based right?
Cuz Real Time Strategy games aren't turn based and play great multi. The touchpad could allow for quick selection of units.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#7diggyfreshPosted 1/21/2013 5:11:49 PM
I imagine it something like the prepper pad in ZombiU. You could see an overworld map on the TV and a zoom view on the gamepad, then scroll around the map via gyro-navigation. Menu commands would be hotkeyed to ABXY and D-pad and on the touchscreen in context to whatever task you're performing at the moment. The analog sticks could fine tune map navigation and quantity commands.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#8VideoGamer1990Posted 1/21/2013 5:15:55 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Buretsu posted...

Maybe just misreading you, but you mean Tactics Ogre is single player and turn based right?
Cuz Real Time Strategy games aren't turn based and play great multi. The touchpad could allow for quick selection of units.

He's making fun of Pachter.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 49
#9ADHDguitarPosted 1/21/2013 5:17:41 PM
VideoGamer1990 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Buretsu posted...

He's making fun of Pachter.

Pachter can't have actually said that...
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#10wiiking96Posted 1/21/2013 5:18:50 PM
3rd person Bowser Pikmin-esque Action/RTS game
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!