NOBODY should WANT the Wii U and Vita to fail.

#1aaasdjfkldsfkPosted 1/21/2013 7:34:43 PM(edited)
It makes no sense. If they fail, what does it say about console gaming's future?

Do you want phone and tablet games to take over the market!!??
---
ssmp
#2spealfan444Posted 1/21/2013 7:16:48 PM
I don't think any gaming system should fail, that assuming the system has good potential, and both the Wii U and Vita have great potential
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#3DiscostewSMPosted 1/21/2013 7:17:46 PM
I don't want the Vita to fail, but it is nonetheless, at least in comparison to the Wii U.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/21/2013 7:18:41 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It makes no sense. If they fail, what does it say about console gameings future?

What's wrong with tablets and phones?
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2
#5AstralFrostPosted 1/21/2013 7:20:07 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It makes no sense. If they fail, what does it say about console gameings future?

Its casual gaming like move the blocks puzzle games and touch screen fighting games. Tap the screen 5 times to win!
#6TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 7:24:58 PM(edited)
People don't want the Wii-U to fail. They're just shocked that it hasn't yet.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#7EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/21/2013 7:24:46 PM
AstralFrost posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

Its casual gaming like move the blocks puzzle games and touch screen fighting games. Tap the screen 5 times to win!

But.. but.. I like my iPad. =(
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2
#83D_ShadoPosted 1/21/2013 7:31:26 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

If Wii U fails, Nintendo will realize those phone/tablet games you refer to don't belong on a $350 home console and hopefully ditch the gimmicks entirely. The next Nintendo console would be what I like to call the "Super GameCube", and have appropriate specs for its time. I.e. no more cheap-ass "Wii" systems. It might be less profitable at the beginning, but after the core gamers realize Nintendo is back their sales will skyrocket.

If the Vita fails, Sony will FINALLY realize no one wants to play inferior copies of console games and ditch the handheld scene entirely. (Geez, only took them 2 systems!) This will result in more effort placed toward Sony exclusives which, while decent, still aren't quite up to par. I think if they put some serious effort into it they can make the next Zelda-tier masterpieces, as long as they keep experimenting and don't lean on their established franchises too much.

I see both systems failing as only a good thing. Your fear of phone games taking over the market seems sensible, but think about it - is it really dominating the game industry? Most people pay NOTHING for them, so the only way to make money is through s***ty ads. Trust me, people know quality when they see it and will always be willing to shell out money for quality.
#9Golden MavenPosted 1/21/2013 7:45:26 PM(edited)
3D_Shado posted...
Your fear of phone games taking over the market seems sensible, but think about it - is it really dominating the game industry? Most people pay NOTHING for them, so the only way to make money is through s***ty ads.

Apparently there's money to be made off phone gaming. People bash it and call it glorified flash gaming, which is mostly true, but some of the games you can get are on the same level of complexity as PS2 games.

Phone gaming is accessible and streamlined. And I personally think that kind of gaming will end up on the TV thanks to low powered, low profile computers. Think of that open-source console or the inexpensive mini-PCs that are making a splash with geeks. You just know that will end up interesting the masses. Definitely a threat to Sony, MS, and Nintendo. Their potential market will shrink, that's my prediction.

Nintendo's "casual" approach for console gaming isn't as relevant as it was back in 2006. The "casuals" are on iPads and iPhones now. Nintendo really needs to push for that traditional gamer yearning for that OoT level of experience in 2013, but these gimmicks tacked on underpowered hardware won't cut it. (ok that last part is a bit selfish on my part)

My two cents.
#10LordrvPosted 1/22/2013 12:30:51 AM
We should all be praying for Apple and their I-Crap to fail. **** Apple.