NOBODY should WANT the Wii U and Vita to fail.

#21Ultima_MagikarpPosted 1/22/2013 9:21:29 AM
I can see why people would want the Wii U to fail. It would push Nintendo further towards pulling a SEGA and becoming pure software, at least on home consoles if it keeps making handhelds.
#22fon1988Posted 1/22/2013 10:07:23 AM
I agree with the TC. I don't want the Wii U or the Vita to fail at all. I like both systems though I don't actually own the Vita, it doesn't interest me. There are plenty of people out there who do like the Vita and are interested and I would hate to see their handheld of choice fail.
#23DemonDog666Posted 1/22/2013 10:10:19 AM
I know wanting the wiiU to fail is just wanting Nintendo to get off their asses and make something good but wanting vita to fail is just petty.
#24DemonDog666Posted 1/22/2013 10:11:55 AM
3D_Shado posted...
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It makes no sense. If they fail, what does it say about console gameings future?

Do you want phone and tablet games to take over the market!!??

If Wii U fails, Nintendo will realize those phone/tablet games you refer to don't belong on a $350 home console and hopefully ditch the gimmicks entirely. The next Nintendo console would be what I like to call the "Super GameCube", and have appropriate specs for its time. I.e. no more cheap-ass "Wii" systems. It might be less profitable at the beginning, but after the core gamers realize Nintendo is back their sales will skyrocket.

If the Vita fails, Sony will FINALLY realize no one wants to play inferior copies of console games and ditch the handheld scene entirely. (Geez, only took them 2 systems!) This will result in more effort placed toward Sony exclusives which, while decent, still aren't quite up to par. I think if they put some serious effort into it they can make the next Zelda-tier masterpieces, as long as they keep experimenting and don't lean on their established franchises too much.

I see both systems failing as only a good thing. Your fear of phone games taking over the market seems sensible, but think about it - is it really dominating the game industry? Most people pay NOTHING for them, so the only way to make money is through s***ty ads. Trust me, people know quality when they see it and will always be willing to shell out money for quality.

If people didn't want to play portable entries of console games nobody would have bought any Nintendo handheld. Their handhelds run off marios lol.
#25CaioNVPosted 1/22/2013 10:12:34 AM
ITT: modern Nintendo is worse than old Nintendo, because **** logic.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#26Tsutarja495Posted 1/22/2013 10:21:23 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
If people didn't want to play portable entries of console games nobody would have bought any Nintendo handheld. Their handhelds run off marios lol.

Pokemon?
#27DemonDog666Posted 1/22/2013 10:56:44 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Pokemon?

Mario has more handheld games and they sell more

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=mario&publisher=&platform=DS&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=pokemon&publisher=&platform=DS&genre=&minSales=0&results=200
#28zalmutePosted 1/22/2013 10:58:08 AM
I agree. If anything i think idevices should go down in popularity. I think they will eventually when people realize that buying the same device each year is not financially wise.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device.
#293D_ShadoPosted 1/22/2013 11:00:15 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
3D_Shado posted...
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It makes no sense. If they fail, what does it say about console gameings future?

Do you want phone and tablet games to take over the market!!??

If Wii U fails, Nintendo will realize those phone/tablet games you refer to don't belong on a $350 home console and hopefully ditch the gimmicks entirely. The next Nintendo console would be what I like to call the "Super GameCube", and have appropriate specs for its time. I.e. no more cheap-ass "Wii" systems. It might be less profitable at the beginning, but after the core gamers realize Nintendo is back their sales will skyrocket.

If the Vita fails, Sony will FINALLY realize no one wants to play inferior copies of console games and ditch the handheld scene entirely. (Geez, only took them 2 systems!) This will result in more effort placed toward Sony exclusives which, while decent, still aren't quite up to par. I think if they put some serious effort into it they can make the next Zelda-tier masterpieces, as long as they keep experimenting and don't lean on their established franchises too much.

I see both systems failing as only a good thing. Your fear of phone games taking over the market seems sensible, but think about it - is it really dominating the game industry? Most people pay NOTHING for them, so the only way to make money is through s***ty ads. Trust me, people know quality when they see it and will always be willing to shell out money for quality.

Uh, there's a big difference between handheld Nintendo games and handheld Sony games. With Nintendo, you get unique experiences you don't typically see on console games, such as Pokemon. The games have effort and quality in them that makes them worthwhile. With Sony, all they do is take an established PS2/3 game and downscale it to their portable hardware - the result is pure mediocrity.
#30SagadegoPosted 1/22/2013 11:16:10 AM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
I know wanting the wiiU to fail is just wanting Nintendo to get off their asses and make something good but wanting vita to fail is just petty.

fools like you is the reason i want the vita to fail! to put fanboys like you in your place.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666