LittleBigPlanet or 2D Mario? What's better?

#61squatch22Posted 1/21/2013 11:59:27 PM
Mario is more fun to me :)
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#62DarthFloatyPosted 1/22/2013 12:03:54 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
And innovation is in the eye of the beholder. I feel Mario pushes platforming harder. Play the challenge mode in NSMBU. They are very well put together, and I hope Nintendo releases more challenges in future DLC, or at least includes them in future games. I haven't seen that level of challenges in a 2D platformer myself.

You should play outside of the big ones. Games like Super Meat Boy and VVVVVV have much better designed "hard mode platforming"

Nintendo is still a bit behind the curve, unfortunately.

They got stuff like "don't hurt the enemies, keep this one alive, dodge the coins, ect."? Cause that's the stuff that I really enjoyed.
#63Godstriker8Posted 1/22/2013 12:11:20 AM
LBP is really fun if you can get over the fact that a platformer with different physics than Mario can exist.

Anyways LBP is better than any 2d Mario that doesn't have "World" in its title.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#64DemonDog666Posted 1/22/2013 12:29:38 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
I'm not factually wrong: it doesn't work like that. You may feel I'm wrong, as may many people, but these a subjective things. You could just say "I disagree" and you would avoid this issue, and increase your credibility by being polite.

Mario has lots of content in the recent releases, and you can play it all 5 - 20 times over if you're into speed runs and such. Although it's true if you prefer new content, LBP has user created stuff (some good, some bad).

And innovation is in the eye of the beholder. I feel Mario pushes platforming harder. Play the challenge mode in NSMBU. They are very well put together, and I hope Nintendo releases more challenges in future DLC, or at least includes them in future games. I haven't seen that level of challenges in a 2D platformer myself.

Only it isn't subjective, LBP has more innovation and content then mario those are facts, it's not subjective at all innovation has a definition and it doesn't include every individuals opinion on what is innovative.

You are freaking delusional. There's really nothing else to be said I already pointed out you are wrong the facts back me up but you are ignoring them and saying more delusional things so yeah...
#65Board_hunter567Posted 1/22/2013 12:38:42 AM
LBP has more content (thanks to the big focus on the level editor), but the controls just feel awful to me and it boggles my mind how they didn't improve them. I love seeing what the community makes though.

2D Mario titles are great while they last, but other than some challenge stages there's little reason to return to them once you beat them. If NSMBU really is going to be the only 2D Mario title on the Wii U then they really should've included a level editor.
#66wisemiddsPosted 1/22/2013 12:48:30 AM
The NSMB series isn't even fit to sit on the same shelf as the LBP series however SMW & YI are the pinnacle of 2 platforming.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#67DarthFloatyPosted 1/22/2013 1:06:22 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
I'm not factually wrong: it doesn't work like that. You may feel I'm wrong, as may many people, but these a subjective things. You could just say "I disagree" and you would avoid this issue, and increase your credibility by being polite.

Mario has lots of content in the recent releases, and you can play it all 5 - 20 times over if you're into speed runs and such. Although it's true if you prefer new content, LBP has user created stuff (some good, some bad).

Only it isn't subjective, LBP has more innovation and content then mario those are facts, it's not subjective at all innovation has a definition and it doesn't include every individuals opinion on what is innovative.

You are freaking delusional. There's really nothing else to be said I already pointed out you are wrong the facts back me up but you are ignoring them and saying more delusional things so yeah...

If you want to get aggressive about it, fine. I liked debating with you before, but I have no interest in debating with somebody whose going to do it immaturely.
#68squatch22Posted 1/22/2013 1:20:04 AM
Its DemonDog, who thinks opinions can be wrong...
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#69FenderMasterPosted 1/22/2013 1:40:03 AM
LBP is more ambitious, it obviously has alot more effort going into it than Mario, But Mario is better, it's made by experienced master craftsmen.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org/images/map_pal_lg.jpg
#70Chocobo115Posted 1/22/2013 2:04:01 AM
LBP with improved controls >>>>> 2.5D Mario