What could Nintendo (or anyone) gain out of having the Wii U fail?

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 1/21/2013 8:33:16 PM
Yeah, I know, original topic. But regardless I'd like you guys to answer the question. And please explain your answer.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2GloryChaosPosted 1/21/2013 8:37:46 PM
Nothing. If the Xbox tanked, Microsoft wouldn't have bothered making the Xbox 360 and fixing any of its issues. The same applies here.

Although Nintendo is stubborn as all hell and seems to hate listening to its fans for better or worse.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3SkyCrackersPosted 1/21/2013 8:38:52 PM
Maybe it would motivate them to make better consoles and games.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#4MichaeIPachterPosted 1/21/2013 8:39:52 PM
The fanboys might wise up and buy a better system if Nintendo is no longer an option, causing the industry to improve.
---
It's a profit deal.
#5Zato InfinitePosted 1/21/2013 8:40:31 PM
We all lose if Nintendo fails. Why? It's always better to have three companies beating the snot out of each other for your money than two.
#6SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:48:23 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
Maybe it would motivate them to make better consoles and games.

Care to explain this logic?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#7SkyCrackersPosted 1/21/2013 8:52:07 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Care to explain this logic?

It's pretty much self-explanatory. I don't think Nintendo's really been giving it their all with the Wii U and it's game lineup. If the Wii U flops, hopefully they'll learn their lesson and shape up. Note that I don't actually want the Wii U to fail, it was more of a passing thought. But then again, if it WOULD make Nintendo up their game, it would be a good thing.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#8fhsfootball74Posted 1/21/2013 9:00:42 PM
You can't judge any console from its first two months. Heck if you did my beloved PS3 would have been dead YEARS ago. If you think Sony and MS's launches are going to be any different you are in denial my friend. Rarely will a company have its big guns ready for launch. There are a few exceptions obviously but the Wii U is more or less on par with most any console launch.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#9FlyinTonitePosted 1/21/2013 9:04:44 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
You can't judge any console from its first two months. Heck if you did my beloved PS3 would have been dead YEARS ago. If you think Sony and MS's launches are going to be any different you are in denial my friend. Rarely will a company have its big guns ready for launch. There are a few exceptions obviously but the Wii U is more or less on par with most any console launch.

ps3 sucked until 2008, 2 full years after it launched.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#10fhsfootball74Posted 1/21/2013 9:09:28 PM(edited)
Until stuff like Ratchet, Uncharted, and Metal Gear Solid 4 hit many left the PS3 for dead. Its Nintendo everyone will say they're doomed then they'll announce the big guns and then all of a sudden everyone is like Wii U IS TEH BEST. Happens with every console launch. I know some of you are experiencing your first big console launch but settle down please...you're making yourself look unintelligent.

You would have to be naive and fresh off the turnip boat to think that Nintendo doesn't have a plan. Even if the Wii U isn't number 1 this gen it will remain competitive just like Nintendo always does.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.