Super Game Boy/Transfer Pak/Game Boy Player

#1maddoggnick96Posted 1/21/2013 8:48:15 PM
I'm sure people remember these peripherals. Attachments for the SNES, N64, and Gamecube respectively allowing people to play Game Boy games on their home consoles through their televisions. Well what I'd like to propose here is to bring it back. I suggest that Nintendo releases the Virtual Console games of it's Game Boy, GBA, and maybe even Game Gear libraries, available to play on the Wii/Wii U. If they did this, it would most likely increase sales of software. Ideally, if someone purchased a handheld Virtual Console title, they would be able to download and play it on both their Wii U and 3DS. Now I'm not saying they should put DS titles on the Wii/Wii U (which they sort of already have, but they're more like ports than the DS game itself), they could if they wanted to. That is what I hope to see. What do you think?
---
PSN: MaDogNik96
3DS FC: 1246-9493-8348
#2Thunderbird8Posted 1/21/2013 8:53:46 PM
The Transfer Pak did not allow play of most games via the N64, it was only possible if the N64 had a game running that allowed it (the Pokemon Stadium games, for example, allowed one to play the GB/GBC Pokemon games from the same generation, but nothing else).

DS/3DS could be a little trickier though, since there's two screens to deal with, and splitting them between the TV and the GamePad is not the best option, especially for games like Yoshi's Island DS and Contra 4.