When will the WiiU get a 4K update?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When will the WiiU get a 4K update?
3 years ago#1
Or when will we see it running games in native 4K resolution?

I assume Nintendo will give it an update a while after the ps4 launches. The ps4 has a very high chance of being able to play games in native 4k res at 60 fps. The Gran Turismo tech demo confirms this. Microsoft will probably follow suite before Nintendo does.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
3 years ago#2
Ask again after a decade. 4k isn't expected to be common enough in households until 8 to 10 years from now to justify a console running 4k tech. Hell, even Kaz Hirai, CEO of Sony, which is making the PS4, which is the console that was rumored to have 4k compatibility, said it isn't worth it to develop for 4k until much later.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
3 years ago#3
To be honest, Kaz says a lot of things.

The ps4 has a very high chance of being able to play games in native 4k res at 60 fps.

Really now?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
3 years ago#4
GloryChaos posted...
To be honest, Kaz says a lot of things.

The ps4 has a very high chance of being able to play games in native 4k res at 60 fps.

Really now?

Wow. Coupled with the most recent statement, that's some pretty obvious double talk.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
3 years ago#5
Kaz never said what TC posted. However, he did say this month that it was far too soon to even start dealing with the ps4. Now I'm hearing all these supposed rumors about how it'll get shown off at Playstation Destination in February.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
3 years ago#6
GloryChaos posted...
Kaz never said what TC posted. However, he did say this month that it was far too soon to even start dealing with the ps4. Now I'm hearing all these supposed rumors about how it'll get shown off at Playstation Destination in February.

Oh I didn't realize TC said that. I pretty much read the title and the first sentence lol.
---
3 years ago#7
Around 2018 or so, most likely. That's when the Wii U 2/Nintendo Revolution/whatever they call it will come out. It will probably upscale to 4K.
3 years ago#8
By the time I have a 4k TV (I estimate 2017), it won't be terribly long until the next console wave. People are still using 720p TV's these days.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
3 years ago#9
Whenever 70inch tvs become the norm because that's where most people say there is a noticeable difference
3 years ago#10
People are still using CRTs.

Unless 4K gets enough market penetration in the next few years to actually be taken seriously, I'm not sure it will.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When will the WiiU get a 4K update?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived