When will the WiiU get a 4K update?

#4100bularn00bular(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:53:21 AM
I'm not trolling at all. Sony posted a video of the 4k gran Turismo 5 tech demo on YouTube with a guy playing it. I expect to see 4k Metal Gear Solid and Call of Duty games on the ps4 in 60 fps. But people keep saying that'll never happen. I hope it does soon.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#42kissdadookiePosted 1/22/2013 8:57:22 AM
00bularn00bular posted...
I'm not trolling at all. Sony posted a video of the 4k gran Turismo 5 tech demo on YouTube with a guy playing it. I expect to see 4k Metal Gear Solid and Call of Duty games on the ps4 in 60 fps. But people keep saying that'll never happen. I hope it does soon.

That wasn't really 4k. That was 4 PS3's ran in parallel. Each rendering 1/4 of the total game image. It was more of a demo for what the GT5 game engine can push. So no, you're not going to see a 4k MGS or CoD apart from a tech demo. Both the next Xbox and PS will not be able to handle 4k games, pure and simple. Even current gaming PCs can BARELY run games at 4k and they are more powerful than the hardware on the next MS and Sony boxes.
#43WithYouForYouPosted 1/22/2013 9:02:01 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
vidalmoraza posted...
By the rumored leak specs of the next Xbox and PS3, it would be a miracle if they can do 1080 at 60 fps, let alone 4k gaming lol

I believe the bar is being set at 30 fps from what I've read. Might honestly still be 720p or 1080, unsure (the memory is a bit fuzzy about what I've read).

They might very well upscale, however.

And I suppose the 9th console generation might shoot for native 1080p/4k (depending on the game). And by that time, 8k will be right around the corner...

9th gen won't be doing 4k. Consoles will also never push for 60 fps in most titles.
#44ozfunghiPosted 1/22/2013 9:06:04 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
ozfunghi posted...
To answer TC's question: the same day idiots stop trolling the board.

LOL... even in a thread about 4K, someone still finds a way to bring it up.

Amount that it happens:
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Amount that it gets brought up, often without even happening:
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Priceless. ;)

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, i see.
---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
http:www.doublegum.be - http://soundcloud.com/the-best-of