Game Informer gives the Wii U console a B- rating

#1HELZEROPosted 1/21/2013 10:24:14 PM(edited)
Not bad.

Here is their summary:

"We love the Wii U's HD visuals and surround sound, and the gamepad opens up new possibilities with the extra screen. Nintendo launched with two solid first party games and finally gave fans a wide array of third party titles that were never coming to the old Wii. The bothersome update installation, short gamepad battery life, and long loads bring things down, but not quite there online structure is the biggest letdown. Graphically, we dont know what the Wii U is capable of until developers have had more time with the system. As of now, Nintendo has caught up visually to the 360 and PS3, but has yet to prove it can surpass them."

---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.
#2laxnd23Posted 1/21/2013 9:57:08 PM
As I asked in your other thread, what were their reasons for/against? Were their reasons against fixable problems or no?
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#3Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 9:57:10 PM
Again ok?

Also lol at giving a launch system a rating/score
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4hellbringherPosted 1/21/2013 9:58:40 PM
Imagine the score it would have gotten if it had games.
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#5ADHDguitarPosted 1/21/2013 9:58:42 PM
See, a B- is an accurate rating, but coming from Game Informer it might as well mean that it's the worst thing ever.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6DarthFloatyPosted 1/21/2013 10:00:00 PM
Compared to what? And what were their reasons?

Seems like a reasonable launch score (some good, some bad), but I'd like to know what the context of all this is.
#7TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 10:00:36 PM
Baha05 posted...
Again ok?

Also lol at giving a launch system a rating/score

This just in, you can't review a commercially available device off the shelf. It's illegal in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Would you be saying that if Nintendo was corporately capable of releasing a system to the innocent public that warranted an A rating?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#8Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 10:01:55 PM
TheBonfini posted...
This just in, you can't review a commercially available device off the shelf. It's illegal in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Would you be saying that if Nintendo was corporately capable of releasing a system to the innocent public that warranted an A rating?

I'm not say not to review it but it is really funny to review them so early and give it a rating. Because you know, things tend to change. I think a Buyers Guide Article is a better idea while a review could wait a Year after launch.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9HELZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 10:06:58 PM
Sorry for the delay, here is their summary:

We love the Wii Us HD visuals and surround sound, and the gampad opens up new possibilities with the extra screen. Nintendo launched with two solid first party games and finally gave fans a wide array of third party titles that were never coming to the old Wii. The bothersome update installation, short gamepad battery life, and long loads bring things down, but not quite there online structure is the biggest letdown. Graphically, we dont know what the Wii U is capable of until developers have had more time with the system. As of now, Nintendo as caught up visually to the 360 and PS3, but has yet to prove it can surpass them.
---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.
#10laxnd23Posted 1/21/2013 10:20:25 PM
HELZERO posted...
Sorry for the delay, here is their summary:

We love the Wii Us HD visuals and surround sound, and the gampad opens up new possibilities with the extra screen. Nintendo launched with two solid first party games and finally gave fans a wide array of third party titles that were never coming to the old Wii. The bothersome update installation, short gamepad battery life, and long loads bring things down, but not quite there online structure is the biggest letdown. Graphically, we dont know what the Wii U is capable of until developers have had more time with the system. As of now, Nintendo as caught up visually to the 360 and PS3, but has yet to prove it can surpass them.

Good summary. And I agree with all their points. The battery life is short, but since I play my 360 with the play and charge plugged in all the time anyway, I have no problems with this. The update seemed to be a problem with the first update only, as subsequent updates have been much faster. And the load times get patched easy, as it does on all systems. The online will get better with time too. So basically, the battery life is the only problem that cant be corrected through patches.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF