Game Informer gives the Wii U console a B- rating

#21Xenesis XenonPosted 1/21/2013 10:39:16 PM
TheBonfini posted...
I'd take a launch PS3 over the newest slims any day. The launch had more features and it looks cooler too.
To say its a guarantee that systems are going to magically improve themselves takes a crystal ball.

And Baha just doesn't like that it got a B-.. I figured. But if you look at the negatives, you'd think it got worse than a B- rating. They were generous with their score.

Hardware backward compatibility IS pretty cool, but everything else in the PS3 Phat/PS3 Slim/PS3 Super-Slim is mostly a matter of taste.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#22TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 10:41:16 PM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
And Baha just doesn't like that it got a B-.. I figured. But if you look at the negatives, you'd think it got worse than a B- rating. They were generous with their score.

No a B- is fine it's just the principal of scoring a system so early in it's life is baffling because again we aren't seeing the full potential of the system (Which chances are it won't happen in a year either but a year is a better length of time in which a system can either prove that it'll stay in the game for it's respective time frame or if it'll flop)

What moral principals are people infringing on by releasing a review of something a company figured was adequate to launch to consumers? You aren't making any damn sense. It's not fair? Lol! Are you serious or are you just trolling me at this point?

Full potential? You review a system on how it performs in the present time.

You should write up a preview from your crystal ball about the Wii-U. You could talk about this fantasy land you live in where there are zero legitimate criticisms because they've all been resolved by Generous Nintendo. Keep eating those funny Mario Mushrooms.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#23Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 10:45:46 PM
TheBonfini posted...
What moral principals are people infringing on by releasing a review of something a company figured was adequate to launch to consumers? You aren't making any damn sense. It's not fair? Lol! Are you serious or are you just trolling me at this point?

You should write up a preview from your crystal ball about the Wii-U. You could talk about this fantasy land you live in where there are zero legitimate criticisms because they've all been resolved by Generous Nintendo. Keep eating those funny Mario Mushrooms.

Nothing really it just something for me personally that feels really off as all of the recent consoles have really iffy starts and to score it so early on just baffles me. Because again at best the Wii U and future consoles aren't going to be all there in the first two months, it'll take time.

So best to at least wait a year to give it a score or again two part review, a retrospective if you will detailing the launch and the pros and cons then scoring it one year later with pros and cons.

But hey keep up with that petty ass attitude you have going for you.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#24LordRazielPosted 1/21/2013 10:48:37 PM
PS3 and Xbox 360 current and upcoming games list are way better than Nintendo Wii U. With all those other hardware and firmware problems, Wii U is just a sad console.
---
-------------
Dashing
#25Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 10:50:27 PM
LordRaziel posted...
PS3 and Xbox 360 current and upcoming games list are way better than Nintendo Wii U. With all those other hardware and firmware problems, Wii U is just a sad console.

That's because the console just launched.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#26HELZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 10:56:05 PM
Baha05 posted...
LordRaziel posted...

That's because the console just launched.

Bahafresh did you just admit the Wii U is a sad console. Wow.
---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.
#27TheBonfiniPosted 1/21/2013 10:57:56 PM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...

Nothing really it just something for me personally that feels really off as all of the recent consoles have really iffy starts and to score it so early on just baffles me. Because again at best the Wii U and future consoles aren't going to be all there in the first two months, it'll take time.

So best to at least wait a year to give it a score or again two part review, a retrospective if you will detailing the launch and the pros and cons then scoring it one year later with pros and cons.

But hey keep up with that petty ass attitude you have going for you.

Reviews are for consumers. How in the world does it benefit anyone to wait a year before reviewing a commercially available product?

And I apologize for coming off as an ass, but it does frustrate me sometimes when I am obviously talking to an intelligent poster and they are saying the most unfathomable, anti-consumer practices just to benefit a multinational corporation. It is sickening, nothing personal of course.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#28Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 11:02:13 PM(edited)
HELZERO posted...
Bahafresh did you just admit the Wii U is a sad console. Wow.

Honestly a bit yeah, but all new consoles are really sad when compared to consoles that have been out for half a decade or longer. Of course things change over time and consoles gain new titles, new features*, etc.

*And by new features I mean generations that allow patch and updates

@TheBonfini And I understand that but rating something like a console so soon just doesn't sit right with me, again a buyers guide does the job a lot better but when you say put a rating on something not at it's full potential (Especially with consoles) is just weird, especially when you consider with this and the last generation of consoles that revisions happen, things get updated, games actually come out within the first year, etc.

But like I said this is just me and my opinion. If someone scores it find but I'm just going to go lol at it and wait and see what the system really does instead of judging it off something so young.
---
#29HELZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:00:12 PM
Ok well not going to knock you on that one. At least youre speaking your mind and not being defensive about it. I can respect that.
---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.
#30laxnd23Posted 1/21/2013 11:05:29 PM
HELZERO posted...
Ok well not going to knock you on that one. At least youre speaking your mind and not being defensive about it. I can respect that.

Well he's right. While I think he's a bit fanboyish at times, he's right in the sense that the Wii U isn't doing as well as we all thought it would be doing right out of the gate. Now is it doing bad? I wouldn't say so, mainly because A) it's not selling poorly but just below expectations, and B) it's still very new, so there is a bunch of potential for the thing that is untapped. Hell, if we judged systems 2 months in, the PS3 3DS and Vita would all be dead now, and we can all agree that two out of those three are very successful now.

Basically, it all depends how Nintendo handles it, because they have a real legitimate chance to make a very enjoyable and well used system and online architecture.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF