Halo or Metroid?

#31NiftyManZPosted 1/22/2013 6:19:53 AM
As someone who never owned a halo game, and who has owned about 5 or 6 metroid games, I have actually had more enjoyment out if the halo series. Mainly because I was playing it with a large group if friends, and that, to me, is a lot more fun than playing metroid by myself.

Either way, they are two different types of games, even the prime series versus halo.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#32bleedingelitePosted 1/22/2013 6:22:40 AM
2d Metroid is better than 3d Halo, but 3d Halo is better than 3d Metroid.
#33CaptainMoosePosted 1/22/2013 6:23:56 AM
I'm sorry but I can't believe you said that. Prime is so much better than Halo.
#34Ultima_MagikarpPosted 1/22/2013 6:35:56 AM
You summed it up in your post OP, they're apples and oranges.

Multiplayer-based FPS or single-player exploration/adventure game. There's really no way to compare except for the fact that they both wear power armor.
#35DifferentialEquationPosted 1/22/2013 11:23:13 AM
CaptainMoose posted...
I'm sorry but I can't believe you said that. Prime is so much better than Halo.

Not really, and ths is coming from someone who was the biggest Nintendo fanboy through the Gamecube era.

Prime is maybe a little bit better on the first play through. But to me Halo is more memorable and if I were to play through one of them again I would pick Halo.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#36P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/22/2013 11:28:38 AM
I like Halo's online but couldn't care less about the story. I choose Metroid. I like Fusion and Other M more than Prime or Halo.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#37mattersvillePosted 1/22/2013 11:34:57 AM
Samus is more interesting a has a more badass suit. Plus I don't like playing video games with teenagers. So Metroid.
---
My Blog/Comic is funnier than your Blog/Comic.
http://sundaysmash.wordpress.com/
#38DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/22/2013 11:41:48 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Metroid is the better series overall (though there are some crappy games on it such as Metroid Pinball and Metroid Hunters) whereas Halo is not as good of a series but at least all of the games are good (except Halo Wars?)

Pinball was a really good pinball game, TBH.
Also, Metroid Hunters was a pretty solid, unique, and fun shooter with some balance issues.

Halo is just a floaty Quake clone, though...
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#39DifferentialEquationPosted 1/22/2013 12:17:01 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Metroid is the better series overall (though there are some crappy games on it such as Metroid Pinball and Metroid Hunters) whereas Halo is not as good of a series but at least all of the games are good (except Halo Wars?)

Lol. Statements like this are part of the reason that this board has so many trolls.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#40DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/22/2013 1:08:16 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Lol. Statements like this are part of the reason that this board has so many trolls.

What, the truth?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato