Anyone know how much it cost to get the Gamepad repaired? UK

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone know how much it cost to get the Gamepad repaired? UK
4 years ago#1
My wonderful dog managed to get into the entertainment unit yesterday and had a chomp on my Gamepad. I think it still functions, but the top left of it has teeth marks in it around the analogue stick, the stick's a bit mangled and the casing around the L button is loose.

Any idea how much Nintendo will charge me for a repair/replacement?
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
4 years ago#2
Anyone have any idea? I've taken a look around but can't really find a definitive price. Do you send it in, for them to check over before giving you a bespoke price?
4 years ago#3
Most of the time Nintendo will fix your stuff for free, even when it's your fault. I dropped my 3DS a couple years after it came out and the speaker broke and they still fixed it for free. Same with when I smoked too much round my Wii and the layer of residue kept it from playing dual layered discs.
4 years ago#4
it will cost $54 to fix it
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
4 years ago#5
In NA it costs $85.
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
4 years ago#6
Thanks for the help guys, although there are three different prices there >.> I'd have thought it'd be a bit pricer for us EU people too >.<

So it's a set price for all repairs/replacements?
4 years ago#7
The best thing to do would be either e-mail or ring Nintendo, explain what's wrong with the pad and see what they'd charge for repairing it. I doubt it's a set price. It'll depend on the parts and time needed to fix it.
http://i56.tinypic.com/111mhqu.jpg
"Now it turns out you're just an aquatic misfit." ~ my dad
4 years ago#8
So why do you ask at GameFaqs instead of sending a mail to Nintendo of UK and ask?
You will get the answer both faster and more correct than what this topic will do.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
4 years ago#9
Foppe posted...
So why do you ask at GameFaqs instead of sending a mail to Nintendo of UK and ask?
You will get the answer both faster and more correct than what this topic will do.

I thought someone else might have had a similar experience they could share. Plus Gamefaqs loads quickly on my phone, Nintendo's website is a bit of a pain. I can't really call as I'm at work right now. I've sent them an email now, hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

In my experience, most customer services take a day or two to get back to you anyway. Whereas I know people on Gamefaqs have had to send things in for repair, I thought I'd at least be able to find out if there's a set price for repair.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone know how much it cost to get the Gamepad repaired? UK

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived