Anyone know how much it cost to get the Gamepad repaired? UK

#1mcsmellingtonPosted 1/22/2013 2:51:04 AM
My wonderful dog managed to get into the entertainment unit yesterday and had a chomp on my Gamepad. I think it still functions, but the top left of it has teeth marks in it around the analogue stick, the stick's a bit mangled and the casing around the L button is loose.

Any idea how much Nintendo will charge me for a repair/replacement?
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#2mcsmellington(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:57:37 AM
Anyone have any idea? I've taken a look around but can't really find a definitive price. Do you send it in, for them to check over before giving you a bespoke price?
---
#3CaptainMoosePosted 1/22/2013 4:59:59 AM
Most of the time Nintendo will fix your stuff for free, even when it's your fault. I dropped my 3DS a couple years after it came out and the speaker broke and they still fixed it for free. Same with when I smoked too much round my Wii and the layer of residue kept it from playing dual layered discs.
#4KAMMYqueenPosted 1/22/2013 5:12:53 AM
it will cost $54 to fix it
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#5Petey_MeanisPosted 1/22/2013 5:26:56 AM
In NA it costs $85.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#6mcsmellington(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:34:12 AM
Thanks for the help guys, although there are three different prices there >.> I'd have thought it'd be a bit pricer for us EU people too >.<

So it's a set price for all repairs/replacements?
---
#7Zozzilla_MkIIPosted 1/22/2013 5:39:06 AM
The best thing to do would be either e-mail or ring Nintendo, explain what's wrong with the pad and see what they'd charge for repairing it. I doubt it's a set price. It'll depend on the parts and time needed to fix it.
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/111mhqu.jpg
"Now it turns out you're just an aquatic misfit." ~ my dad
#8FoppePosted 1/22/2013 5:56:52 AM
So why do you ask at GameFaqs instead of sending a mail to Nintendo of UK and ask?
You will get the answer both faster and more correct than what this topic will do.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9mcsmellington(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:07:46 AM(edited)
Foppe posted...
So why do you ask at GameFaqs instead of sending a mail to Nintendo of UK and ask?
You will get the answer both faster and more correct than what this topic will do.

I thought someone else might have had a similar experience they could share. Plus Gamefaqs loads quickly on my phone, Nintendo's website is a bit of a pain. I can't really call as I'm at work right now. I've sent them an email now, hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

In my experience, most customer services take a day or two to get back to you anyway. Whereas I know people on Gamefaqs have had to send things in for repair, I thought I'd at least be able to find out if there's a set price for repair.
---