Do I have to turn on the GamePAd if I want to play normal wii games?

#1JimdbPosted 1/22/2013 3:59:02 AM
YEah, topic.

The gamepad is a MUST right?

No way to jump straight up to the wii menu and not need the game pad? Having a wii mote around wouldn't help?
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#2x2link777Posted 1/22/2013 4:04:06 AM
You can use a Wii remote to go to the Wii mode, without using the Gamepad. It will still turn on with the system though.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#3Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:07:01 AM
But If I don't HAVE the gamepad around? meaning maybe I want to take the wii u to my parents house and not carry the gamepad around... could I still turn it on? Or would I get a message on screen saying "NO gamepad detected"?
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 1/22/2013 4:14:59 AM
here's an idea - test it. turn on the wii u with the gamepad at the other end of the house, then you'll know what happens.
#5Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:18:00 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
here's an idea - test it. turn on the wii u with the gamepad at the other end of the house, then you'll know what happens.

can't. At work, and my house is a loft, Anywhere I am is in the reach of the wii u
---
-Nick_GF
#6FoppePosted 1/22/2013 4:19:42 AM
Remove the batteries from the Wii U pad then?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7xerofyre0Posted 1/22/2013 5:00:42 AM
As long as your wiiu is set to auto log you in, you don't need gasmepad. Only way to input password is gamepad
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html