So is Nintendo at least PLANNING to remove the ID-tied-to-Console nonsense?

#1ToastyToastyPosted 1/22/2013 3:16:59 AM
I'm a fan of Nintendo and plan on getting a Wii U at some point this year, but I'm simply wondering if this is something Nintendo has even gone on record saying they will change in the future.

I love Nintendo, but I won't touch full-price digital releases if a broken console means loss of those games. I've been hearing a lot of complaints about it, a lot of articles about it, but have yet to hear about whether it's a limitation that is here to stay or if Nintendo plans on fixing it later so that downloads and purchases aren't stuck on a single console.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 1/22/2013 3:34:04 AM
i wouldn't count on it.
#3CaptainMoosePosted 1/22/2013 3:39:28 AM
If you really don't think they're gonna change this, you should do yourself a solid and buy a helmet.
#4CaptainMoosePosted 1/22/2013 3:41:17 AM
Not to mention the WiiU has the option to transfer accounts (it gives ou the option whe you set up your WiiU) it just isn't a feature that's been activated yet. So it's pretty obvious they're gonna change this.
#5jakestar0306Posted 1/22/2013 3:42:05 AM
They already said they're going to change it.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#6ToastyToasty(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:44:35 AM
CaptainMoose posted...
If you really don't think they're gonna change this, you should do yourself a solid and buy a helmet.

I'm as big a fan of them as the next guy, but you're living a fantasy world if you think it's unreasonable to question whether they'd fix a flaw like this or say "**** it." and move on.

jakestar0306 posted...
They already said they're going to change it.

Good to know. Got a source?
#7CaptainMoosePosted 1/22/2013 3:47:03 AM
Calm down bud, I was referring to the second poster.
#8hellbringherPosted 1/22/2013 3:53:54 AM
CaptainMoose posted...

Just like every fanboy...they think Nintendo listens. Nintendo says they know the issue than hopes you forget because you are blinded by their pretty new Mario. The after you spend all your money. Nintendo says...we are focusing on next gen.
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#9hellbringherPosted 1/22/2013 3:56:18 AM
Also Nintendo never said they were changing it. Admitting fanboys found a flaw and saying you are changing it are completely different things.
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#10CaptainMoosePosted 1/22/2013 3:57:19 AM
So what's the point of the transfer account option huh?