Would it be possible for Nintendo buy Rare back?

#11Nate_DihldorffPosted 1/22/2013 6:05:36 AM
TopicCreator, if you were intelligent, you'd understand that Microsoft is using RARE as a slave studio, and 99% of the original devs there have left to find greener pastures.

As for the IPs Microsoft got in the buyout, they'll never sell them due to their policy: Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. Google it.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#12FoppePosted 1/22/2013 6:15:21 AM
The Golden Eye team left before Perfect Dark was even released, and started Free Radical Design, now more known as Crytek UK.
Former Rare workers have started multiple new developing studios over the years.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#13HungoverHero777Posted 1/22/2013 7:12:51 AM
Petey_Meanis posted...
From: supermichael11 | Posted: 1/22/2013 7:17:55 AM | #005
Hmm I didn't know that the original members left rare, but the members in rare team are they any good?

the new Rare is terrible.

I'm sick of people using this as a reason. Even though they are terrible, just to have those IPs under Ninty's belt would be huge. I'm also willing to bet former Rare members (you know, the good ones) would take notice the moment Nintendo announces they bought them back.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#14CaioNVPosted 1/22/2013 7:21:25 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
So i'm wrong for haveing a opinion? i like logic!

That's pretty much admitting that you statement was objectively wrong.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#15FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/22/2013 7:23:20 AM
microsoft needs them to make kinect games for the 720 launch :P
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#16CloudStrife630Posted 1/22/2013 7:36:03 AM(edited)
KAMMYqueen posted...
supermichael11 posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...
From: supermichael11 | Posted: 1/22/2013 7:17:55 AM | #005
Hmm I didn't know that the original members left rare, but the members in rare team are they any good?

the new Rare is terrible.

the old rare as well

Hmm by old rare if you mean when they were with Nintendo then your wrong, Banjo-kazooie, banjo-tooie, perfect dark, donkey kong etc got score around 9 in gamespot that score isn't common to find. Score like 8 and 9 are great score.

You have logic? Considering some of the great games they've made shows your logic is off.
---
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif
#17EoinPosted 1/22/2013 7:32:59 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Even though they are terrible, just to have those IPs under Ninty's belt would be huge.

Both Rare and their former IPs are now both properties of Microsoft. They're not inextricably bundled together. If Microsoft were willing to sell, it would be possible for some company to buy Rare without its former IPs, or Rare's former IPs without Rare.

HungoverHero777 posted...
I'm also willing to bet former Rare members (you know, the good ones) would take notice the moment Nintendo announces they bought them back.

Most or all of them will have moved on to other jobs that they won't want to leave. Many of them left under Nintendo so Nintendo taking Rare back wouldn't do anything for them.
#18woody71Posted 1/22/2013 7:34:07 AM

saying rare is terrible is stating a fact

if you said that you think rare is terrible you would have a point
---
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif
#19Ryan SiPosted 1/22/2013 9:28:35 AM
The people that developed GoldenEye and Perfect Dark left Rare a long...long time ago.

"New" Rare had a chance with Pefect Dark Zero and it was a big letdown. They've basically been making casual games since....Buying Rare back wouldn't magically give Nintendo super-talented, creative minds able to revolutionize a genre.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#20Faceman_Posted 1/22/2013 9:39:00 AM
Just Banjo Kazooie plz. Hated Nuts and Bolts. Let retro work their magic on it.