Would it be possible for Nintendo buy Rare back?

#41CrystalKing5426Posted 1/23/2013 2:37:33 PM
Rare is worthless now and MS won't give up the IPs to a competitor despite them doing nothing with it.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#42Animaniac24Posted 1/23/2013 2:42:29 PM
My knowledge may be outdated here, but Im pretty sure the removal of the DKC games from Virtual Console was the last nail in the coffin for DK64...

Nintendo are certainly better off without Rare now. Im pretty sure the fact Microsoft own Rare is because the brothers wanted out and Microsoft bought their 51% share. It was doomed to go how it did.

Retro Studios arn't the new Rare, but I'd still like to see them have a shot at some other stuff because they are damned good in their own way.
#43DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/23/2013 2:45:19 PM
Rare isn't making new games because Rare is just a name at this point.
Crytek UK has most of the team responsible for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#44AlexFiliPosted 1/23/2013 3:09:51 PM
Not worth the money
---
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 4350 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#45MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/23/2013 3:41:02 PM
supermichael11 posted...
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
TC, why do you want RARE back?

What games are you missing? If you say Donkey Kong, I'm going to shoot you. Retro is the new awesome DK holder. They made an amazing return with DKCR into the light, so don't even think of dissin' them. It's wonderful, check out how many people just love the game on the DKCR board (wii).

Donkey kong country return was great, its not because of donkey kong country. I wish Rare returns to Nintendo so maybe Donkey kong racing could be released, a game that got cancelled since Rare left.

If Rare returns then Nintendo can do Banjo-kazooie and conker bad fur day which were great.

The only thing I don't get is why hasn't Nintendo released Donkey kong 64 or a sequel to Donkey kong 64. I mean Rare has given Nintendo permission to release Donkey kong 64, so why isn't Donkey kong 64 available.

Why can't there be a Donkey kong 64 sequel since Donkey kong is a Nintend character to begin with.

I think that's the main reason people want Rare back with Nintendo. NOT because they want Rare more than they want the properties to be under the Nintendo banner again. They want a new Conkers, Banjo-Kazooie and such. They want a new Killer Instinct!! Hell, and this is personal preference, but I've been waiting a damn long time to see another one of these, which to my knowledge, Rare was responsible for(and yes, it predates their SNES/N64 stuff):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ9xwkMr3e4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIJM1xAjNY

And yes, that's David Wise who composed for those two games.
#46BlazeFaiaPosted 1/23/2013 3:42:56 PM
Animaniac24 posted...
My knowledge may be outdated here, but Im pretty sure the removal of the DKC games from Virtual Console was the last nail in the coffin for DK64...

Nintendo are certainly better off without Rare now. Im pretty sure the fact Microsoft own Rare is because the brothers wanted out and Microsoft bought their 51% share. It was doomed to go how it did.

Retro Studios arn't the new Rare, but I'd still like to see them have a shot at some other stuff because they are damned good in their own way.

Thank you. First person to actually talk about what really went down without crucifying Microsoft as some anti-christ. Geez you guys are terrible. The founding brothers at Rare SOLD their (majority) stocks to Microsoft. That then left Nintendo with the lesser half of Rare. They couldn't exactly do **** with that. And most of the classic team was pretty much gone. Microsoft did nothing wrong.

If anything. Rare and Nintendo are to blame for actively selling their stocks. Rare first and foremost. Not to mention Rare has made nothing but **** since because the old staff is gone. I loved Rare, Banjo-Kazooie is the greatest game ever made, yada yada. But the old Rare is dead and gone. Their devs have moved on to greener pastures. The new Rare is making a killing on Kinect games. But that's about it. That's all they're even good for these days.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#47mjc0961Posted 1/23/2013 3:56:20 PM
I hope not. Nintendo got rid of them because they knew Rare was starting to suck it up. People blame Microsoft but it was Rare themselves that did it. Or rather, people leaving Rare that did it, which started before Microsoft came on board (which, again, is why Nintendo was willing to sell; they could see the writing on the wall).

Nothing has changed, Rare is still not the Rare we knew back then, so why would Nintendo want them back? To make more games in Rare's old franchises? All people do is b**** when Nintendo does that to their own franchises, and yet the same people saying "I want new IPs" are here saying they also want Nintendo to make games for Rare's IPs.

Make up your damn minds.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#48mjc0961Posted 1/23/2013 3:58:49 PM
BlazeFaia posted...
Animaniac24 posted...

Thank you. First person to actually talk about what really went down without crucifying Microsoft as some anti-christ. Geez you guys are terrible. The founding brothers at Rare SOLD their (majority) stocks to Microsoft. That then left Nintendo with the lesser half of Rare. They couldn't exactly do **** with that. And most of the classic team was pretty much gone. Microsoft did nothing wrong.

If anything. Rare and Nintendo are to blame for actively selling their stocks. Rare first and foremost. Not to mention Rare has made nothing but **** since because the old staff is gone. I loved Rare, Banjo-Kazooie is the greatest game ever made, yada yada. But the old Rare is dead and gone. Their devs have moved on to greener pastures. The new Rare is making a killing on Kinect games. But that's about it. That's all they're even good for these days.

Oh my goodness two other people with brains who realize that Microsoft isn't at fault for Rare sucking the big fat one. I think GameFAQs might implode from too many intelligent posts in one thread.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#49GLDanzegoPosted 1/23/2013 6:48:34 PM
supermichael11 posted...
GLDanzego posted...
supermichael11 posted...
I was thinking that why hasn't Nintendo bought Rare back? I mean Rare with Microsoft they not making any new game, the last game rare made was in 2010 I think for the kinect games, but I don't think they developed more games after that.

I mean look at banjo-kazooie nuts and bolt, that isn't a good sequel of banjo-tooie, officially it is a sequel, yet the gameplay is so different is nothing alike the prequel. In banjo-kazooie nuts and bolt the only thing banjo and kazooie can do is use wonder to move object and walk nothing else they can't learn any moves. In the game only the vehicle can do everything like travel, mission fly etc.

If Rare are not going to be making many games for Microsoft why not go back to Nintendo or even Sony.

So you're saying that since Rare isn't really doing anything worthwhile these days and aren't making good games, they should be appealing for Nintendo to buy back?

Only at Gamefaqs. *shakes head*

--

We don't know why Rare aren't making many or any games at all for Microsoft or doing anything worthwhile. It is possible that Microsoft doesn't give them permission to make new games.

I am sure if Rare goes back to Nintendo or Sony then we get to see more Rare games.

I think it's just time you accepted the reality that Rare sucks now. Mind you, I would say they were never all that great to begin with, but that's neither here nor there. There's absolutely nothing appealing about them as a company. Even Microsoft, who spent all that money to acquire Rare pushed them onto the back burner. Why the heck would ANY publisher want to have anything to do with them at this point?