Nintendo did everything right with the Wii...

#31TrixonePosted 1/22/2013 12:18:09 PM
Their mistake was to release a system 6 years too late.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#32McmadnessV3Posted 1/22/2013 12:18:11 PM
All I'm seeing is that you are completely ignorant to the fact that most games on average sell roughly 500 000 units at most. Games that sell over a million copies are the exception, not the average.

Also another thing I'd like to point out.

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS IS NOT ON THE NINTENDO SELECTS LINE

http://www.nintendo.com/games/nintendoselects

Thats all of the Nintendo selects games right there for the wii.

Every, single, one of them.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#33kissdadookiePosted 1/22/2013 12:47:16 PM(edited)
McmadnessV3 posted...
All I'm seeing is that you are completely ignorant to the fact that most games on average sell roughly 500 000 units at most. Games that sell over a million copies are the exception, not the average.

Also another thing I'd like to point out.

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS IS NOT ON THE NINTENDO SELECTS LINE

http://www.nintendo.com/games/nintendoselects

Thats all of the Nintendo selects games right there for the wii.

Every, single, one of them.

My mistake on DKC Returns, but that Nintendo Selects page is even more revealing on how the games that don't do so well are the ones that usually ends up with getting the Selects treatment:

Mario Strikers Charged - 2.48m
Power Tennis - 1.46m
Pikmin 2 Wii - .37m

Clearly these COMPLETELY run counter to your assumption and your argument. I mean, if DKC Returns was on that list, at least that's one more game that sold pretty well that turned into a Selects title due to it selling pretty well thus supporting your argument, but it looks like most of the games on the Selects list CLEARLY shows that these games made it because they didn't sell very well.

As for your assumption that 500k is great sales numbers for a game, yes, they are, IF the games is from a smaller developer, it's not great for a first party AAA title. Remember, this is the Wii we are talking about here, it's a system with 90+ million installed in homes.

Even looking at a title like Galaxy, it's most likely a Selects title due to there being 1) a sequel to it out and 2) it was going to be very hard for them to have steady sales of the title without doing a price cut (that's what Select really amounts to, a price cut for the title).
#34TechniMyokoPosted 1/22/2013 1:08:31 PM
I feel the opposite
They got almost everything wrong with wii, they did a lot better with wiiu but still got a lot wrong
#35kissdadookiePosted 1/22/2013 1:11:19 PM
TechniMyoko posted...
I feel the opposite
They got almost everything wrong with wii, they did a lot better with wiiu but still got a lot wrong

Yup, I totally agree with you. If you looked at the Wii as the Wii Fit/Wii Sports box, they did everything right. As an actual video game console? It wasn't a very good video game console since what a video game console needs is a ton of really good games.
#36niels200683Posted 1/23/2013 1:59:41 AM
kissdadookie posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Think kissdadookie is getting jealous over the fact that there are plenty of good Wii games.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Like what games exactly? I own the majority of the actual good games, I'm just not like some people on here being happy collecting shovelware deluding ones self that this plethora of shovelware is in any way shape or form good quality games.

I could list a bunch of games, but you'll just say they are bad anyway.
I have 150+ PS3 games. I like all those too (including critical duds like Jericho and Duke nukem forever). My favorites of last gen were on the wii and DS, though.

Also, I can still find more shovelware and bad movie / tv-show tie-ins on PS2 than I can on Wii.

But tell me, did typing out 'HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA' make you feel better,
superior?

And telling everyone how you are right, they are wrong - does that do anything for ya?

How nice for you.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#37kdognumba1Posted 1/23/2013 2:12:36 AM
Did I really just read "Nintendo did everything right with the Wii" as the topic title?
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#38SolisPosted 1/23/2013 2:49:59 AM
GloryChaos posted...
The biggest difference between the Wii launch and the WiiU launch is that the Wii had all its promised and advertised features available right from the get go.

The Wii didn't have DVD playback, 2 SD card slots, or games like Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (with online play) available at launch. Heck, the Wii never even got the first two, and didn't even have support for actual online play for over 6 months after launch.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#39tuznecotePosted 1/23/2013 2:57:10 AM
paradicio12 posted...
casual gamers dont care about a new console, they already have the wii

They should of marketed WiiU with a completely different name because casual people aren't "down with the knowledge" of new systems and aspects.

Addition problem is the wii is probably the most simple, basic friendly system to use. Big on screen buttons and remote pointer and simplified for dummies accessibility. WiiU goes some steps back. Slap a wiimote infront of your gran and show the actions of bowling and she will get it.

So Casuals are confused about this being a whole new system and even then probably aren't attracted to it because its inaccessible.

Then on a level of a more in the know "hardcore" gamer its under powered for new generations, lacking games and come of the back of a dirty Wii drought flooded with really gimmicky rubbish knock off games for dumb prices.
#40mjc0961Posted 1/23/2013 2:57:51 AM
paradicio12 posted...
casual gamers dont care about a new console, they already have the wii

You spelled iPhone wrong
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey