is wiiU aable to run GC games?

#11JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/22/2013 8:46:27 AM
trenken posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
Supposedly Wii U will eventually feature GCN games on it's VC.

That was just a rumor. Nintendo has never said anything about this. Reggie was asked about it once in an interview and all he said was he thought it would be cool, which sure didnt sound like they were even working on it.

It really would not surprise me at all if they never do it because they arent exactly big fans of having to maintain this. N64 on the Wii has like 15 games which is hilarious.

If they add it we'll get like 5 GCN games then at most. I'd remembered hearing it but never followed up on if it was spoken about officially. I hate Reggie.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#12jakestar0306Posted 1/22/2013 11:14:45 AM
Wii U will be able to run Gamecube games soon through Devolution.

... But something tells me you wouldn't be comfortable with any kind of modding.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#13Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 11:17:39 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
3DS backwards compatibility says Hi.

I don't count any of the portable lines. Because even the 3DS lacks full BC (Lack of a GBA slot for obvious reasons) and before that the DS line couldn't play GBC or lower. I think-the BC on the Gameboy line was the Advance.

For consoles so far the PS2 and older PS3 models have the best BC as it can play 3 generations of Sony games no problem.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U