Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU 24/05/2013

#61P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/22/2013 11:07:27 AM
Baha05 posted...
3D_Shado posted...
What? We are referring to the original Resident Evil here, a PS1 game (and DS game, if you count the port/remake). What this has to do with current Sony and MS I have no idea.

Just the fact that there is no real good looking RE1. It's always had a really low res look so no matter what version you get you're stuck with a ver low res copy.

Well unless you get REmake for the Game Cube but that one is VERY hard.

Oh but how wonderful REmake is! In order, I'd say

REmake
Deadly Silence
Director's Cut
Resident Evil (original)
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#62YoyokuKOPosted 1/22/2013 11:12:09 AM
I don't wanna stroke my shaft again, but called it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64347342

it only took 4 months
#63Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 11:14:13 AM
Yes REmake looks fantastic and is one of those things in which bot graphics and gameplay are at a peak in that game.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#64lp913Posted 1/22/2013 11:18:25 AM
OH YEAH! REmake is a beast modern classic, can't wait for it to show up on the future GCN VC (with Wii U enhancements hopefully).
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#65Elements012894Posted 1/22/2013 11:27:23 AM
3D_Shado posted...
Baha05 posted...
You must not be used to RE games then Shado

Well I've only played the "shooter" ones RE4 and RE5. Definitely not planning on playing the older ones with tank controls, unless I get really bored one day.

It controls the same as RE5. With the ability to move while shooting. You don't aim with the buttons you know?
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#6640DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 11:32:54 AM
I owned this game (and I will buy it again since I can get it for $15 on 3DS) but this game is just as bad as RE6, just less OTEs.

I don't see the appeal.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#67Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 11:33:59 AM
40Dribylf posted...
I owned this game (and I will buy it again since I can get it for $15 on 3DS) but this game is just as bad as RE6, just less OTEs.

I don't see the appeal.

Honestly it's far better the RE6.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#68GreatTroySenseiPosted 1/22/2013 11:38:04 AM
Baha05 posted...
40Dribylf posted...

I don't see the appeal.

Wearing a gas mask filled with dog crap is far better than RE6.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#6940DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 11:38:49 AM

Care to explain?

It has sections where you have to clear out dozens of enemies (not even RE5 had that, and RE6 did), terrible unimaginative enemy design (opinion, I know), weak combat in general, insultingly simple puzzles, a bad story, bad characters, etc etc.

All the flaws RE6 had. Without the QTEs.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#70Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 11:42:41 AM
40Dribylf posted...
Care to explain?

It has sections where you have to clear out dozens of enemies (not even RE5 had that, and RE6 did), terrible unimaginative enemy design (opinion, I know), weak combat in general, insultingly simple puzzles, a bad story, bad characters, etc etc.

All the flaws RE6 had. Without the QTEs.

The characters were fine, in fact the plot was actually better then RE 5 and RE6. At least the villain had a much better motive. The enemies yeah they were bland but honestly there have only been few monsters in the RE Universe that were interesting (Things like Hunters, Lickers, Crimson Heads, Tyrants) the rest were either zombies or giant versions of other creatures.

Puzzles yeah were simple but it's not that big a deal when most puzzles in the RE universe are button pressing and cover a grate and my favorite, back tracking and cranks.

Combat was well it was simply Resident Evil, I don't know what you honestly were expecting.
---