Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU 24/05/2013

#71DifferentialEquationPosted 1/22/2013 12:46:13 PM
This is Capcom. I wouldn't expect much other than on disc dlc that you have to pay for.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#7240DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 12:49:33 PM(edited)
The characters were fine, in fact the plot was actually better then RE 5 and RE6. At least the villain had a much better motive. The enemies yeah they were bland but honestly there have only been few monsters in the RE Universe that were interesting (Things like Hunters, Lickers, Crimson Heads, Tyrants) the rest were either zombies or giant versions of other creatures.

Puzzles yeah were simple but it's not that big a deal when most puzzles in the RE universe are button pressing and cover a grate and my favorite, back tracking and cranks.

Combat was well it was simply Resident Evil, I don't know what you honestly were expecting.

You're just reinforcing that this game is just as bad as RE6.

And the REmake's and RE4's enemy design was excellent, so of course I'm going to hold the rest of the series to that standard.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#73Board_hunter567Posted 1/22/2013 12:55:06 PM(edited)
A pretty badly kept secret, but awesome nonetheless. Revelations was actually good, unlike RE6. It's coming to PC even!
I really hope they make use of the Gamepad though since there's no real reason not to.
#74AccrovideogamesPosted 1/22/2013 12:51:25 PM
I knew this would happen and that's why I didn't get the original one. The game is barely playable without a second circle pad and I hate how Nintendo handled it. The same goes to Kid Icarus Uprising, the controls suck so much that I refuse to buy the game until they finally port it to the Wii U.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#75P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/22/2013 12:51:30 PM
Lol, calling REmake enemy design excellent compared to the more recent titles.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#76P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/22/2013 12:52:05 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
I knew this would happen and that's why I didn't get the original one. The game is barely playable without a second circle pad and I hate how Nintendo handled it. The same goes to Kid Icarus Uprising, the controls suck so much that I refuse to buy the game until they finally port it to the Wii U.

Keep drinking that Kool-aid
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#7740DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 12:53:23 PM(edited)
Lol, calling REmake enemy design excellent compared to the more recent titles.

Compared to what? RE5 and RE6?

Yeah no.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#78Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 12:55:19 PM
40Dribylf posted...
You're just reinforcing that this game is just as bad as RE6.

And the REmake's and RE4's enemy design was excellent, so of course I'm going to hold the rest of the series to that standard.

Except I'm not, because the thing about RE6 was is that the main villain was just another crazy guy in the end. At least Lansdale had a better motive in that he wanted power so he funded Veltro II and then quickly back stabbed them so there would be no connection that he was behind a big ass bio terrorism attack

And enemy design in the REmake wasn't all that special outside Three-Four enemies:

Lisa Trevor
Hunters
Tyrant
Crimson Heads

The rest were again either zombies, or just giant versions of a snake, plant, shark, and flies.

RE4 was just about the same was until you started seeing Iron Maidens walking around.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#79SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 1/22/2013 1:37:07 PM
I feel like a chump for having bought the 3DS version.
That said...while I really would like this, short of them having implemented a co-op mode which would admittedly break the immersion a bit, and also be kinda pointless, I doubt I'll get it. Until it goes on sale.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#80StickMen1090Posted 1/22/2013 1:39:44 PM
seems to be only the good RE games get put on Nintendo consoles :P